Headlight Illumination Issues

How do you find out the build date of your truck? In the Dodge world we used to request something called a Build Sheet from the dealer, but I've not seen anything of that mentioned here. Is that the only way?

I emailed the TSB # to my local service manager and he said he hadn't seen that yet but was going to forward to the shop foreman and see. Said he would get back with me today.

Thanks for everyones help and info on this....This site rocks!

That is some good work by my fellow gm owners! Thanks so much for your info...Truck in for some warrenty work you will be sure I mention this info and will see where I get. Again thanks gents for your persistence in this matter!

Got mine done this afternoon. Took it in at 1:15 and was done by 1:50. New bulbs, BCM Flash and re-alignment. Won't know if they are any better until later or tomorrow night. Pretty bad weather here now. I might be in for the night.

Got my email from the engineer and GM executive offices, bulbs where shipped to my dealer today. Will take it in next week to the BCM update and HVAC update and report back then.

Well boys, got truck back from dealer for some warrenty work. Mentioned to the service manager about the tsb on the lights. Was not aware but gave him the number and tada! He brings it up...lights ordered and work order in. Now to wait until they call me when they are in...

Well boys, got truck back from dealer for some warrenty work. Mentioned to the service manager about the tsb on the lights. Was not aware but gave him the number and tada! He brings it up...lights ordered and work order in. Now to wait until they call me when they are in...

The service manager thought I had no clue what I was talking about when I called him earlier. Once I sent him the bulletin posted above, he was shocked that he found out about it from me lol. Thanks so much to everyone for your work on this. He ordering parts in the morning he said.

-Skeet

These are the actual Vosla bulbs and AC Delco / GM Part numbers installed in my truck today at my service department.

We had a big arctic front blow through here last night and everything cleared out today. Big blue sky, but windy and cold as ****. So, tonight I should be able to check the upgrade out and be able to take my comparison photo with the TSB update ........

AC Delco / GM Part #

AC Delco / GM Part #

Vosla Bulb

Vosla Bulb

• Like 5

These are my before and after photos ...... I do not believe the upgrade is as bright as my 2005 GMC, BUT it is much, much better. I can now see the shoulders of the highway and I can see much farther down the highway. I do believe the lighting is AT LEAST 30% better, but probably much more.

I think I am willing to drive my new truck in the dark now. I can even see the dark ranch road to turn into the ranch now, whereas before I could not.

The first two photos are the before photos. The next two are the after TSB photos.

And the last one photo is the OEM headlights with Sylvannia Silverstar Ultra bulbs on my 2005 GMC 2500 HD.

2015 GMC Sierra Before PIT5374 Upgrade

2015 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Low Beams

2015 GMC Sierra After PIT5374 Upgrade

2015 GMC Sierra After PIT5374 Upgrade

2005 GMC

Edited by Ranch55
  • Like 12