Headlight Illumination Issues

called my dealer here in the USA, classic of carrollton, and they hadn't heard of this bulletin. Is there a TSB number or what should I provide for him to find it in the database? 11th digit on my VIN is G.

PIT5374

-Skeet

• Like 1

While I was picking up my Denali this morning from the dealer, I told them of the bulletin. The service writer pulled it right up, read it over, said he'd get the bulbs and give me a call when they were ready to do the upgrade. :)

Will report back once that is done.

Called my dealer about this twice, I gave them the TSB, and they told me it is not showing up as a TSB for my truck. 11th digit is a Z. Bought my truck 12/23/14, it was on their lot for months. Any other suggestions?

*edit: Frustrated I called the local Chevy dealer, the nice woman on the phone said it popped right up, and she's not sure why they couldn't find it...I guess my service people hate me because I want to see when I'm driving at night. Unfortunately, the Chevy dealership said I would have to pay for the service since they are not GMC.

Edited by 2014Carbon

While I was picking up my Denali this morning from the dealer, I told them of the bulletin. The service writer pulled it right up, read it over, said he'd get the bulbs and give me a call when they were ready to do the upgrade. :)

My dealer said same thing. So im good with it. They said it takes about 2 hours to do the BCM update

""""Also called TRS to see if this would have a positive impact on the Morimoto kits""""

Good point.. what about those of us that have upgraded to HID's? will this update have a positive, negative or neutral impact?

My dealer called me earlier and said bulbs are here, bring it in tomorrow. We need it for 45 min. to an hour. New bulbs and reflash.

Where are you at in PA? It might be road trip time haha

I went to a local dealer (not where I purchased my truck). They haven't heard of the TSB but looked it up and ordered new bulbs. My 11th Digit is a G and I bought my truck last June.

Hopefully I can get the 4x4 recall and my GPS fixed at the same time. I've only had my headlights fog up once, but I might get that addressed as well.

I went to a local dealer (not where I purchased my truck). They haven't heard of the TSB but looked it up and ordered new bulbs. My 11th Digit is a G and I bought my truck last June.

Hopefully I can get the 4x4 recall and my GPS fixed at the same time. I've only had my headlights fog up once, but I might get that addressed as well.

""""Also called TRS to see if this would have a positive impact on the Morimoto kits""""

Good point.. what about those of us that have upgraded to HID's? will this update have a positive, negative or neutral impact?

Well here's the thing. From what I understand, the BCM update consists of more voltage to the bulbs. I'm running Philips Diamond Vision 9005 65W 5000K bulbs that are rated for 12V. The bulbs are brighter and whiter than stock (65W compared to 55W). So then, will more voltage shorten the life or damage standard 12V bulbs? Are the Vosla bulbs designed to handle more volts? What will more voltage do to those running LED's or HID's? I'm happy with my bulbs so just wondering if I do the BCM flash what would the extra voltage do to my bulbs.