Headlight Illumination Issues

Don't think anyone found it online. I think someone got it from their dealer.

Agree, I don't think its readily available online. I found it thru ESI (Electronic Service Information)......

Just heard back, service advisor has ordered the bulbs for me.

Sweet!

Same here. When I asked the service Manager at my Dealership last week, he had no clue, but said he had another Sierra customer meeting with the "rep" last Wednesday. When I called him this morning, he said the rep knew nothing last week, and he still has not heard anything. I gave him the TSB number, and 1/2 hour later he called and said he has the bulbs on order and they should be here in 3-4 days.

Edited by AUTOGUY

Same here. When I asked the service Manager at my Dealership last week, he had no clue, but said he had another Sierra customer meeting with the "rep" last Wednesday. When I called him this morning, he said the rep new nothing last week, and he still has not heard anything. I gave him the TSB number, and 1/2 hour later he called and said he has the bulbs on order and they should be here in 3-4 days.

Nice!

Yeah when I went in for my first oil change two weeks ago, the service guy didn't know anything about it but when I explained it, he said yeah that sounds possible.

stopped in after work and they ordered mine, the dealer where I got this info from did not even offer this to me I was there for something else, he told me keep checking to c when parts came in, dealer close to my work put my name on a pair of bulbs, funny thing is I bought mine at the other dealership

Just called the dealership, and of course the service writer had no clue. No surprise there though. I gave them all the information, and they were able to locate the TSB.

They are ordering the bulbs, and I will be getting them installed next Tuesday. FINALLY!

As long as your vehicle is within the 3yr/36K, it is covered by GM. I had them check to make sure.

Hopefully this works well enough to where I can enjoy driving my truck at night. This will also go a long way to restoring my faith in GM again. I honestly thought they were going to hang us out to dry on this one.

Thanks for the information!

Edited by Ventilator
  • Like 1

What build dates does the TSB cover?

Although I drove my 2015 (built 12/14) extensively during daylight before buying I never thought about headlights being a problem. After purchase and living in the country on a dirt road I quickly found out how bad they were.

Truck seems great otherwise so I can't wait to get the upgrade done.

What build dates does the TSB cover?

Although I drove my 2015 (built 12/14) extensively during daylight before buying I never thought about headlights being a problem. After purchase and living in the country on a dirt road I quickly found out how bad they were.

Truck seems great otherwise so I can't wait to get the upgrade done.

According to what I saw that's within a day or two of the changeover