Headlight Illumination Issues

Add me to this list also. Horrible lighting. I live in the country and NEED good lighting which trucks are generally known for. Truck has been at dealer for 5 weeks (longer then I've owned it) for other issues.

Totally pathetic, cost cutting move. I have severe buyers remorse. Take my 50k truck and buy it back !

• Like 1

I am not holding my breath that GM is going to do anything about the headlights recall whatever. Guess the good thing is we are gaining 6 minutes a day sunlight. By the end of March really won't be getting dark enough to be problem. Might sell this truck off before next fall for something with headlights that work.

I am not holding my breath that GM is going to do anything about the headlights recall whatever. Guess the good thing is we are gaining 6 minutes a day sunlight. By the end of March really won't be getting dark enough to be problem. Might sell this truck off before next fall for something with headlights that work.

Yep. As a GM employee I'm really pondering BBB, attorney, buyback ... And a Ford truck. Pathetic Huh ?

I LOVE how dealer, "help lines" and customer surveys just play "stupid". I spent over 1/2 hour expressing my concerns on a survey over a month ago. Absolutely NO response. Truck has been @ dealer going on 5 weeks. Has about 1k miles on it. The rental Buick was new when I got it, now has 2k miles. This whole debicle is just a total joke.

Jeppers, do any of you actually read the threads or do you just come in here to complain and try to convince yourself of a reason to try and get a buyback from the forum approval???

A fix is in process, it will be released more than likely with in the month, it will give you a 35-40% increase in light output and will be handled as a TSB which will be no cost to you. I spoke directly with the head engineer from the exterior lighting area of the GM truck platform and got this info directly from him. GM is well aware of the issues with the headlights and knows of the complaints.

You have to understand, you have the dealer as step one. It is not like all dealers talk to each and every other dealer. They don't, and they deal with a small percentage of owners for their market/region. Then you have GM customer Care, once again they are but a small part of the process. They don't deal with the engineers, they only mediate between the customer and the dealer and maybe a regional rep.

So with that, you want GM to hear you. Then make sure your dealer knows you are unhappy with the performance of your headlights. Don't come on here and bitch, file a formal complaint with the dealer. Then once the new TSB or resolution comes out you will be able to get put in pine for the fix.

Otherwise if you hate your truck that much then sell it and move on, I will tell you though the grass is no greener on the otherside of the fence with the other brands. They all have issues, and sometimes those issues don't get fixed or resolved and then those owners go on forums bitching about the issues.

• Like 4

I think my dealer knows about the fix. They told me last week something is coming out. My truck goes in Tuesday of next week for other problems and the head lights. TJAY....really appreciate what your doing on this and the radio reception problem.

• Like 1

Jeppers, do any of you actually read the threads or do you just come in here to complain and try to convince yourself of a reason to try and get a buyback from the forum approval???

A fix is in process, it will be released more than likely with in the month, it will give you a 35-40% increase in light output and will be handled as a TSB which will be no cost to you. I spoke directly with the head engineer from the exterior lighting area of the GM truck platform and got this info directly from him. GM is well aware of the issues with the headlights and knows of the complaints.

You have to understand, you have the dealer as step one. It is not like all dealers talk to each and every other dealer. They don't, and they deal with a small percentage of owners for their market/region. Then you have GM customer Care, once again they are but a small part of the process. They don't deal with the engineers, they only mediate between the customer and the dealer and maybe a regional rep.

So with that, you want GM to hear you. Then make sure your dealer knows you are unhappy with the performance of your headlights. Don't come on here and bitch, file a formal complaint with the dealer. Then once the new TSB or resolution comes out you will be able to get put in pine for the fix.

Otherwise if you hate your truck that much then sell it and move on, I will tell you though the grass is no greener on the otherside of the fence with the other brands. They all have issues, and sometimes those issues don't get fixed or resolved and then those owners go on forums bitching about the issues.

Bro, sometimes when I'm on here, I fell like there are closet Ford owners in here! I love my truck and have had many new vehicles with issues.(this one with the least) The headlights to me are bearable, but I don't intend to live with lower than normal lighting any longer than I need to.

Edited by GMTEC2

Actually, this issue is a safety issue and GM knows the consequences may be severe if they do nothing about it. So you stand a far better chance getting this problem corrected than many of the nuissances issues like vibration or clunking.