Headlight Illumination Issues

Alright so truck on the shop took photo of part but too big to post.

GMC part# 23342527

ACDELCO part # 23342527

UPC code (scannable bar code) 808709357650.

Please keep in mind these are GM Canada part numbers.

Will report on the update when I get truck back.

Attached is a photo of the box (uploaded from home)

Great information. But so far, I cannot find that part number anywhere online. ACDelco parts says it is not a valid part number as of right now. Maybe it is so new that it is not in the ACDelco parts catalogs yet. Could be a dealer item item only as of now.

Great information. But so far, I cannot find that part number anywhere online. ACDelco parts says it is not a valid part number as of right now. Maybe it is so new that it is not in the ACDelco parts catalogs yet. Could be a dealer item item only as of now.

I called the dealer this morning after the part numbers were posted. This is not an item that can be purchased at this time. They were however aware of the number and said there was a bulletin sent around this week that this number is not to be sold until further notice. Any questions were to be directed to GM Corp.

Alright so truck on the shop took photo of part but too big to post.

GMC part# 23342527

ACDELCO part # 23342527

UPC code (scannable bar code) 808709357650.

Please keep in mind these are GM Canada part numbers.

Will report on the update when I get truck back.

Attached is a photo of the box (uploaded from home)

Were you able to verify the make and type of bulb in the package before it was installed in your truck...

So.... got my truck back from the dealer and I currently have the same bulbs. Apparently some old bulbs have made it into the new bulb packages and this is what my dealership has. So on that note the bulbs did not go in, thanks to the quick service manager and service tech.

A new set of Vosla bulbs are on their way from Germany with a eta of 10 days.

Let us know your thoughts on 9011, I plan on doing the same, when it warms up, if nothing better comes along, seems some success has been achieved,

I just installed Phillips 9011 (HIR1) 65W bulbs I got from Pep Boys for $40 total (yay 25% off bulbs coupon!).

First I installed 5K VLED fog light bulbs, and they provided more light than the stock headlights. That definitely isn't good for the guy who design the headlights.

Then went after the headlights. Driver side first since it was the easiest, and there was a noticeable difference shining it and the stock passenger at the garage door. There's more light overall and the focused area was a bit wider too. Passenger side was the bear, given I wasn't sure how to get the air cleaner out. Hint, remove cover and filter, then yank the base up hard.

Also, when you go to trim the 4 o'clock tab, make sure you trim the 5 o'clock side of it. I laid the old bulb next to it to make sure I was trimming the right point.

They are not HID output, but for $40 and 25 minutes, its a good upgrade. Still not the lights I'd expect in a 2015 truck given my wife's 2012 Charger has better lights, but it'll do until I decide to take the HID plunge or get rid of the truck.

• Like 2

so i just talked to a gm rep at my dealer and them talked to gmc customer help. have a case opened up on my truck. im going to use myself as an experiment and see what GM will do to make its customers happy. if i am going to sell their product, i want to know that my customers are taken care of if there is a problem.... will keep you guys posted

Got a random email survey from GM today. It wasn't the dealer satisfaction one, it was titled 'GMC Quality about your new GMC Sierra'. Saw a spot to complain about the headlight light output as well as condensation. Needless to say I wrote them a couple long paragraphs regarding both issues and gave them a 1/10 on those areas. Is this a run-of-the-mill email everyone gets after purchasing a new vehicle, or do you think they are trying to see who all is having what type of issues?

-Skeet

Got a random email survey from GM today. It wasn't the dealer satisfaction one, it was titled 'GMC Quality about your new GMC Sierra'. Saw a spot to complain about the headlight light output as well as condensation. Needless to say I wrote them a couple long paragraphs regarding both issues and gave them a 1/10 on those areas. Is this a run-of-the-mill email everyone gets after purchasing a new vehicle, or do you think they are trying to see who all is having what type of issues?

-Skeet

havent gotten a thing from dealer or GMC bought it cpl days b4 xmas

Guess they know they may not like my response? my sales manager and salesman were decent, so far the bodyshop has disapointed me and I tried talking to service about some issues, headlights/intelink and they weren't very helpful, they will get one more shot when i get back there and make all my issues official, I flew 600 miles for my last truck, I still get a bday card from them, maybe i should have called him again when I decided to go new,

• Like 1

The reason it is not posted at the dealers yet is this is still more than likely in validation phase with the GM engineers right now. The OP and the few others are basically testing out the solution which then allows GM to push it out as a approved repair for the complaint.

Same process I went thru with the radio issues that we are still working on.

Did they come to a solution over the radio?