Headlight Illumination Issues

I also picked up a new 2015 GMC Sierra SLT yesterday and in looking at the headlight configuration at the dealership thought "wow, this is gonna be just like my Escalade", but was I ever surprised when I went into town after dark. These can not be up to standards. I was very disappointed. Thought my old Ford was bad but these take the cake for being under lumen'ed! Hope there is a fix forthcoming. Subscribed.

Service manager today told me that there is a new bulb available/coming for the sierra's.

My service manager called me and told me the same thing this past week and was ordering two for my truck. I went in when he called me back. When I got to the service department, I asked to look at the new "upgraded" bulbs. They were the exact same Philips HIR2 9012 LL bulbs already in my truck. He told me that GM parts had told him that these were the latest upgrade for the Sierra. We agreed that no improvement would be made by replacing what was already in my truck. Said they would keep looking and asking GM for any information....

Edited by Ranch55

If the bulbs they show you aren't made by Vosla (there PN 28432)

then there not the right bulb. These are the bulbs GM sent to my dealership that were installed in my truck along with BCM flash, NC.

If the bulbs they show you aren't made by Vosla (there PN 28432)

then there not the right bulb. These are the bulbs GM sent to my dealership that were installed in my truck along with BCM flash, NC.

Yes, and I do appreciate all you have been doing on this issue. I did share the bulb info with my servicing dealer.

Is it easy to replace the bulbs yourself on these vehicles? I might just purchase the bulbs, put them in myself, and perform my own BCM update.

Dwayne

Okay, good idea .......

I have not yet found anywhere to purchase the VOSLA bulbs except in Germany..... And I do not have the capability to "flash" my BCM nor the programming as to what the "flash" should be.......

Is it easy to replace the bulbs yourself on these vehicles? I might just purchase the bulbs, put them in myself, and perform my own BCM update.

Dwayne

how are you going to do the BCM update, do you work for a dealer?