Headlight Illumination Issues

One thing that i have been doing driving at night with my new GMC Sierra is i wait on the side of the road till a Ford or Dodge truck go past and follow . They have headlights.

Edited by Welder2014
  • Like 4

So here is the latest on my side. My dealership has the bulbs in, and I physically saw them, they are the Vosla's, which I make reference to in post #24. The BCM flash is required with these bulbs. I went to get them installed today, and was told that I would have to pay for the update and the bulbs out of pocket.

I apologize but I didn't get the part number today.

Needless to say, I did not have the update completed at this time, as I have a open file with GM Canada, and my "service ambassador" will be in contact with the Service Manager.

I will keep the group updated as the claim progresses.

• Like 2

So here is the latest on my side. My dealership has the bulbs in, and I physically saw them, they are the Vosla's, which I make reference to in post #24. The BCM flash is required with these bulbs. I went to get them installed today, and was told that I would have to pay for the update and the bulbs out of pocket.

I apologize but I didn't get the part number today.

Needless to say, I did not have the update completed at this time, as I have a open file with GM Canada, and my "service ambassador" will be in contact with the Service Manager.

I will keep the group updated as the claim progresses.

Thanks for the update, we are all watching lol, bye chance did they attach a price?

I didn't get quote a price on the bulbs, $65 cdn for the flash. I was actually trying to get ahold of my "customer ambassador" when the parts guy was showing me the lights. I was phoning to get GM's approval for the update however I was told that as my assigned person was off already, the lady I was speaking to did not want to approve it.

I was told that there would be a collaborative meeting between GMC, the service manager, and my service rep to attempt to rectify my concerns. I attempted to pass my phone to my service rep at the dealer, but the GMC rep told me not do that as she would not talk to them.

I have played this "game" with GM Canada before as I had numerous problems with a 2003 S-10 crew-cab. I ended up filing a arbitration suit against GM, represented myself during the hearing but still won.

I will continue to poke around some web-sites to see if I can get a part # / price for everyone. Just a word of caution, I have found that USA and Canadian part numbers can differ sometimes. No idea why but its happened.

• Like 1

GM will do the right thing given all the complaints at NHTSB,usually not in a timely manner,this will take time to filter down to dealer level.The fact that anything has happened is a great accomplishment.

Thank you to all on this forum you have forced action

Screw GM! None of us should have to pay for this, it's THEIR MESS! I'm contacting my local news stations lets see how they like that!

Do the lights NOT meet dot requirements?

I think the lights on my 2013 Sierra are pretty narrow in terms of what I was used to. But there are options for me to purchase or upgrade them if I think it is necessary.

Have read thread after thread on Ram & Ford forums as well with complaints about various lighting systems on their trucks as well for the person noting to follow one of those down the road.

GM will do the right thing given all the complaints at NHTSB,usually not in a timely manner,this will take time to filter down to dealer level.The fact that anything has happened is a great accomplishment.

Thank you to all on this forum you have forced action

More light is always better but I seriously doubt GM will pay for this update.

Subscribed.

Picked up a new Sierra SLT yesterday and you guys aren't kidding about the lights. They're alright on the interstate and in town, but get on a back road and the light output is just pathetic. Hope GM will cover the cost, because this is most definitely a safety issue.