Headlight Illumination Issues

I would believe this will be covered by GM since the headlights are a safety related issue that would put the NTHSA in sights if the continued complaints get to them.

• Like 1

My dealership has heard nothing about this as of today......still crossing my fingers that something official will be put out!

Of course they haven't...most of them aren't aware of any vibration either :rolleyes:

whats diff from the GMC vs. CHEVY projectors? why would one be brighter?

my chevy projectors are very bright at night. im always getting flashed by other cars. thinking my high beams ar on

anyhow. I wonder if the bowties qualify for the upgrade.

Completely different projector designs

In less than 12 hours I was shot down from the GM rep at the dealership "no recalls are listed there's nothing we can do" and a GM rep from there Customer Service through twitter saying, "we have documented your concern please reach out to us again in a few weeks if you want is to look into again." this was after I told them I contacted the dealer. I tried guessing at the lighting the other night. What does everyone think about about 3 seconds out at 50 mph. Well 3 Mississippi actually.

I have talked to the dealer multiple times, and gm customer service twice now, I have 2 cases reported with gm. Both said they never heard of any issues with our headlights, but gm said they would contact the dealer and see if there is anything they can figure out. Even though I explained it's already been figured out....we just need to make it happen. Can't wait for an actual tsb or recall to reference.

I have filed complaint's and think everyone with problems should so they just can't ignore it. We should not have to pay for this or be buying HID kits etc. because they dropped the ball in engineering when testing our vehicle's.

Where can we file a complaint at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should start with your dealer first. Always start at the beginning first step. Go to the service department with your complaint and ask if there is anything they recommend or anything they can do. Generate a service work order and follow up with whatever the service dept. recommends.

Second, write a letter to GMC Customer Assistance Center (look it up for address) detailing your SAFETY concerns and any factual incidents or near misses. As a courtesy, share a copy of your letter with your dealer service manager. Do not disparage your dealer in your letter unless they were very unprofessional or disrepectful to you. Include information regarding the performance of the truck's headlights. In my case I am able to compare my 2015 GMC being inadequate versus the performance of my 2005 GMC headlights with Sylvania Silverstar bulbs.

In my case, a GM case number has been assigned to my VIN ...... after I personally called GMC customer service, but before I wrote my followup letter. My servicing dealer is very cooperative and has documented my issues and concerns and passed them up the line. They are also keeping up with and looking for any informatiom coming from GMC regarding the headlights issue.

Be courteous. Be respectful but diligent ...... and be a thorn in the *ss that won't go away.

Edited by Ranch55
  • Like 1