Headlight Illumination Issues

Those with a headlight bulb update, could you please take a few pictures of one? It would be even better if they could be photographed side by side for identification purposes.

I'll be glad when the update is more known to the service departments at all the dealers. As of yesterday afternoon, my dealer service dept. still has not found any information on this particular bulb / reflash update. They did tell me to bring my truck in and they would install the latest Philips 9012LL HIR2 bulbs that they were supplied with this week from GM parts. But it is the same exact bulb that is currently in my truck, so I don't believe that is going to help me any. I may wait until I can get more detailed information from off this thread so I can share it with my dealer ........

Give it a month or so and the dealer will know about it. My guess is right now the engineers are seeing how the upgrade works. Then once they finalize the data they will send it out to the dealers.

forget the part numbers...is there a service bulletin for this? Can't seem to find one on GM's own service portal...

Not a thing. Crawled all over it too. 13587719 is the bulb p/n for trucks built prior to Jan 27th 2015. 13589425 is for trucks built after that date. Problem is, 13589425 is a no inventory, no data part. And, for servicing that p/n, they call for 13579204, which is a Phillips 9012LL.

Give it a month or so and the dealer will know about it. My guess is right now the engineers are seeing how the upgrade works. Then once they finalize the data they will send it out to the dealers.

Its a rolling production change. Anyone that buys a truck built after the date above will have these "new" bulbs.

Edited by newdude

Those with a headlight bulb update, could you please take a few pictures of one? It would be even better if they could be photographed side by side for identification purposes.

I never saw the new bulbs, only the empty boxes, Matixkyle identified them in the link in post #24. I say they work well.

Was a BCM flash done, and for what reason

Yes a BCM update is done as well as the new bulbs. The update increases the voltage output to the headlights along with the new bulb.

Would love to know more...

It'd also be nice if those GM reps who occasionally peruse these boards (usually when people kvetch about quality matters) would be proactive and help disseminate information...

From what I see all they know how to do is take names & VINs and get the dealer upset at the customer.

• Like 1