Headlight Illumination Issues

Just picked up truck from dealer. Service manager told me tech says they're brighter, showed me bulbs they took out which were 55 watt. Said the glass portion of new bulbs are quite a bit larger than bulbs they replaced. Tonight will tell. Bulbs were made by Vosla (German Lighting) PN 28432.

Got the GM part #?

Just picked up truck from dealer. Service manager told me tech says they're brighter, showed me bulbs they took out which were 55 watt. Said the glass portion of new bulbs are quite a bit larger than bulbs they replaced. Tonight will tell. Bulbs were made by Vosla (German Lighting) PN 28432.

Did the service manager, or the work order indicate whether a reflash to the BCM was required or not ?

• Like 1

No GM PN on work order or box only manufactures, might not be one yet.

Sounds odd...becuase there is a production part # which that number leads to a service replacement number in which both of them are GM 8 digit part numbers.

Edited by newdude

I thought I subscribed to this thread but not receiving update notifications. I definately need to find out about a better bulb solution without spending $. The lights suck.

So these 9012/HIR2 bulbs have around 1800 lumens and the 9011/HIR1 bulbs have roughly 3000 lumens correct?

And if we can get the reflash(if it is for extra voltage and wattage) with the 9011 would be a decent bandaid until a retrofit with a much better projector with a good beam pattern

I of all people am very happy with the result of the bulb/BCM re-flash which I'll call an "update". This has provided me with greater forward and side coverage that lights the roadway sufficiently that I will not outdrive my headlights even on the low beam setting. Matixkyle in post #24 has identified the bulbs that are in my truck and yes the BCM re-flash is required. Don't know if I'm the first for this, could be why there isn't a GM PN, I don't know; all I can say is it works.

There are probably aftermarket kits out there that could be better, but I like the fact that it's GM approved/installed. Can't comment on "update" vs. 9011 as I've never tried these. Apparent to me that someone at the top listened!

• Like 2

Like I said my truck might be first that this was tried on. I am to provide feedback to GM tomorrow. As most here know I've had a long history of complaints about the headlights.

• Like 1

I of all people am very happy with the result of the bulb/BCM re-flash which I'll call an "update". This has provided me with greater forward and side coverage that lights the roadway sufficiently that I will not outdrive my headlights even on the low beam setting. Matixkyle in post #24 has identified the bulbs that are in my truck and yes the BCM re-flash is required. Don't know if I'm the first for this, could be why there isn't a GM PN, I don't know; all I can say is it works.

There are probably aftermarket kits out there that could be better, but I like the fact that it's GM approved/installed. Can't comment on "update" vs. 9011 as I've never tried these. Apparent to me that someone at the top listened!

Happy to hear that GM is finally listening to us! I have been in contact with a GM Canada rep in Ontario since my initial customer survey was submitted, and my only complaints were the lights and the paint. I offered my truck to test any new lights, and from the looks of the forum, I may be one of the first in Canada, so we will see.

I was in contact with my dealer today, and was advised that the bulbs will be in Friday, so I won't have any report until next week at least.

If GTD is happy then I am guessing I will be as well - guess the morimoto kit will be going back.

Will keep the group updated as and when the bulbs are installed and the BCM is updated.