Headlight Illumination Issues

I would start a complaint trail with the dealership now, so when the part numbers become available, you are able to provide the dealership a solution to your issue. Having a history of complaining about the poor quality, should bode well for getting the new bulbs and bcm flash under warranty.

Once I get mine done this week, I will chat up my service manager to see what the "buzz words" to have this covered are.

ive got my dealership looking into it this week.

i really want to know what the bcm flash does, im hoping that for some reason it will make the bulbs run full power for drl mode, and ive got them looking into that as well.

I wouldn't even waste my time asking the dealer about this for at least another week. I'm sure none of them have a clue yet. You guys know that we always find out first... long before they do.

Remember.. they are trying to keep up with MANY different makes and models... just not trucks..

I checked in with my dealer service department today about this issue. they were not aware of any headlight issues on the new Sierra's. I told them of the many, many complaints, including mine. The service manager took all my info and VIN# and promised to look into it. I left and went out to the parking lot. I stopped and went back in to leave my cell number. Service manager was already in the parts department with parts manager looking for information regarding this issue. Said they would also contact GM reps. to get any info on parts and reflash upgrade.

This is a rural area and folks tend to know one another, so I believe they will pursue the issue for me.

I checked in with my dealer service department today about this issue. they were not aware of any headlight issues on the new Sierra's. I told them of the many, many complaints, including mine. The service manager took all my info and VIN# and promised to look into it. I left and went out to the parking lot. I stopped and went back in to leave my cell number. Service manager was already in the parts department with parts manager looking for information regarding this issue. Said they would also contact GM reps. to get any info on parts and reflash upgrade.

This is a rural area and folks tend to know one another, so I believe they will pursue the issue for me.

That's great news. I really hope the fix is legit for you all.

So, got one of these in today. Its a Phillips 9012LL/H1R2LL.

That is the exact OEM bulb that is currently in the headlights of my 2015 GMC Sierra....... I don't know if the voltage is high enough or not, but my headlights are not nearly as adequate as in my 2005 GMC Sierra........

Just picked up truck from dealer. Service manager told me tech says they're brighter, showed me bulbs they took out which were 55 watt. Said the glass portion of new bulbs are quite a bit larger than bulbs they replaced. Tonight will tell. Bulbs were made by Vosla (German Lighting) PN 28432.

Just picked up truck from dealer. Service manager told me tech says they're brighter, showed me bulbs they took out which were 55 watt. Said the glass portion of new bulbs are quite a bit larger than bulbs they replaced. Tonight will tell. Bulbs were made by Vosla (German Lighting) PN 28432.

who paid?

• Like 1

Edited by GTD

Just called my dealer, they have heard about it yet could not give me any info or that it is even covered under warranty. Said if it's a recall yes but my guess is this would be a tsb more so then a recall though these headlights are definitely subpar at best and could easily be considered a safety issue imo.