Headlight Illumination Issues

It wont be close to the output of the TRS kit .... but my point is the reliability of these HID kits .... there are some scary story's. .. and you don't ever hear about people having issues with stock lights.

Headlights seem to be the worse thing you could have fail ....

• Like 1

Following this thread since I will be purchasing a Sierra this summer.

I'm not a headlight expert, but it seems the BCM reflash will be the key to getting the supposed "30% increase" in light output. No bulb alone is going to get you close to that. To those that get this upgrade, please post your results. This headlight issue has been the biggest reason why I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Specs on the new bulbs (as per the site ) I found as as follows:

Luminous Flux (lm) (at 13,2V) 1875 lm ± 15 %

(at 12,8V) 1700 lm ± 15 %

My guess, and I do not proclaim to be a math wiz or electrical engineer, is that the BMC flash will up the voltage to the new light, producing the target lm of 1700 on low beam and with target lm of 1875 lm at the high beam.

With the +/- 15%, the potential output on low beam is over 1900 lms, and with the potential lm output of 2156 lm on high beam this may help solve issues.

I do not know what the currently lm output of the lights we have, but I can't see GMC blowing this "fix" by replacing a horrible bulb with something along the same output.

My two cents

No bulletins. Its a rolling production change that started the 27th of January. Anything built after has the new bulb, whatever the change may be.

EDIT:

Looks like they are available, new p/n, which is to an existing bulb. Bulb is used in the current GM vehicles, Volt. ATS. Lacrosse, Regal.

any info on the software flash?

i bought a HID kit but honestly just dont want to put it in.

ballasts and bulbs are reliable, these relay harnesses ive seen fail countless times over the years.

I am in as well, I did the 9011 conversion and it is brighter than stock. If I can get the BCM flash as well to add in some more voltage then it will be even brighter.

Is the bulb changeover and BCM flashing covered by warranty?

I would start a complaint trail with the dealership now, so when the part numbers become available, you are able to provide the dealership a solution to your issue. Having a history of complaining about the poor quality, should bode well for getting the new bulbs and bcm flash under warranty.

Once I get mine done this week, I will chat up my service manager to see what the "buzz words" to have this covered are.