Headlight Illumination Issues

So both my BPS G7 LED bulbs died this weekend. I've been running them for just under two years (March 2016). I'm planning on upgrading to DDM 55W HID. I've run at least 4 or 5 sets with no issues but most people run Morimotos on here so thinking about that as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, Sierra Jon said:

So both my BPS G7 LED bulbs died this weekend. I've been running them for just under two years (March 2016). I'm planning on upgrading to DDM 55W HID. I've run at least 4 or 5 sets with no issues but most people run Morimotos on here so thinking about that as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not sure if it can be an issue with running 50w or 55w in the stock projector headlights, read elsewhere that they can cause burning of the bowls due to temps?  

I went with the 35w Morimotos, hoping to avoid any issues. 

• Like 1

Called again today.GMC will not admit that our headlights on 2014's are badddd! They said you just called a month ago. Yea I'am driving to and from work in the dark this time of year.

Called again today.GMC will not admit that our headlights on 2014's are badddd! They said you just called a month ago. Yea I'am driving to and from work in the dark this time of year.
If it wasn't an issue then why did they re-flash the ECU to send 14V to the headlights... My Vosla bulbs lasted 3 months...

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, WLC said:

They won't admit to anything to avoid the expense to correct the poor performance of the headlights on these trucks.

I hated driving my truck in the dark with the stock headlights and installed the Morimoto Elite 35w HID kit from The Retrofit Source for $170. 

We shouldn't need to have to upgrade headlights on a vehicle for what we pay for them, but why wait and hope GM stands up and helps (they won't) and risk driving and not being able to see where your going? 

They won't admit to anything to avoid the expense to correct the poor performance of the headlights on these trucks.

I hated driving my truck in the dark with the stock headlights and installed the Morimoto Elite 35w HID kit from The Retrofit Source for $170. 

We shouldn't need to have to upgrade headlights on a vehicle for what we pay for them, but why wait and hope GM stands up and helps (they won't) and risk driving and not being able to see where your going? 

I am looking to do an upgrade on headlights myself, would you recommend this brand? Do you have any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, 2014sierra-rich said:

I am looking to do an upgrade on headlights myself, would you recommend this brand? Do you have any pics?

I'd recommend this brand, so far I haven't had any issues and we have had subzero temps here in Wisconsin for several days so cold weather testing has went well :) 

On page 123 of this thread I have pics of the installation, using Fondupot's YouTube video for reference.  Haven't taken any pics outside at night.

Purchased the HID kit from The Retrofit Source and they were quick to respond and answer any & all questions I had-no complaints! 

so im still fighting GM on the headlight issue.
i got a little attention from them on one of their facebook posts but they are stonewalling me.

the reply i got after going back and forth with them in DM on FB and them pulling my service records again...

-------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your patience. We were able to locate your file with the information you provided and we’ve also been in communications with the Service Manager, XXXXXXX at XXXXXXX(dealership Name) GMC.

We’ve confirmed that your concern has already been addressed. We feel that every consideration has been given in reviewing your concern, and we can only ask that you attempt to understand the rationale supporting our decision, as previously discussed with you.

While we regret our review did not meet your satisfaction, we must respectfully reconfirm our position. We sincerely wish it were possible to resolve every concern to our customer’s complete satisfaction, unfortunately, this is not always the result.

We appreciate our feedback, rest assured, your dissatisfaction has been documented. Please contact us again should you have any other inquiries or concerns.

Respectfully, Kathleen GMC Canada Customer Care

----------------------------------------------------------

i love the part where she says my concern has been addressed... they put new bulbs in and they blew out again...and again and again. 

im not going to give up on fighting them on it..

ive honestly been waiting for the 2019 redesign to trade in on either a 19 or a 20 but now with the BS they are giving me just over headlights ive really been thinking about going to another brand.

my last 4 vehicles have all been GM....ive been loyal to the brand but now they cant even get headlights to work on a truck i spent $50,000 on.

ive been told by transport canada to sue GM and that i will win...i dont really want to go that route but hell i may have to... i dont want aftermarket headlight...i just want the damn things to work properly.

EaZ8, no surprise of the response you have received from GM on this issue.

GM seems to care less about customer satisfaction AND safety of existing customers. 

Wouldn't blame anyone to look at other options when it comes time to get another vehicle.

Have you considered installing an aftermarket lighting kit in your truck? 

At this time that is about the only way to improve the lighting quality in your truck as I see it.

Several of us have installed a HID kit and have had very good results. 

Edited by Shredzy

i just dont think i should have to go with aftermarket, thats what everyone has been doing and GM is getting away with a defective part because of it.  guaranteed they monitor these forums and they see the complaints, they see everyone just fixing the issue themselves.

if anyone has documented headlight complaints, specifically them blowing out too often i would love to get a hold of their vin so i can get their service records to add some fuel to my complaint...and if i do decide to sue i want to make sure i have proof its not a 1 off issue.

Wish I bought a 2016.... the 2015 lights are dangerous and for the money, wow, rip off!

Went aftermarket HID. Good kit although having an issue now with a ballast. The last thing I want to deal with in New England temperatures and with a $50k truck.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, EaZ8 said:

i just dont think i should have to go with aftermarket, thats what everyone has been doing and GM is getting away with a defective part because of it.  guaranteed they monitor these forums and they see the complaints, they see everyone just fixing the issue themselves.

if anyone has documented headlight complaints, specifically them blowing out too often i would love to get a hold of their vin so i can get their service records to add some fuel to my complaint...and if i do decide to sue i want to make sure i have proof its not a 1 off issue.

I agree that we shouldn't need to go to the aftermarket and spend $$ to correct the issue but to date what has GM done, other than a supposed upgraded Vosla-brand  bulb that doesn't last and to me was worse than the Philips bulbs.  Many have stated the replacement bulbs didn't last.

I wouldn't expect to see GM step up to help.