Headlight Illumination Issues

I also got this email today and I just got off the phone with Leon from this particular law firm. He seems like a very nice guy and after talking with him I've learned that his been dealing with vehicle related legal issues for 30 years. He took down my personal info as well as info pertaining to my Sierra. He stated that there was approximately 500,000 Sierras built between 2014-2015 that are affected by the issues with the headlights. He also stated that there are several law firms across the country that have joined together to move forward with this lawsuit and that they would not have taken on this task if they didn't believe that there was a viable case.

If you own one of these affected Sierras it is absolutely important that you contact these people, there is no financial obligation to anyone who wants to be added to this class action lawsuit. Its time to stop complaining about these pathetic headlights on these forums and instead focus your efforts into joining this lawsuit. If there has every been any chance to make GMC fix this issue.....this is it! Strength in numbers is what's going to help this succeed.

What is the name of the firm couldn't understand the 1st part of the recording. It did say law firm couldn't make out the name.

• Like 1

Well after 12 months of the new lights Im back to report that they dont last long. I got 10 months out of my drivers side light and now my passenger is out. Truck has 18000 miles on it so hopefully this next light will also be covered under warranty. What a crock these lights are!!! Calling the dealer tomorrow again to see if they will be covered.

The Vosla 28432 bulbs are rated for about 250 hours by Vosla and that turns out to be 12,500 miles at an average speed of 50 mph, which would be a high average mph. See http://www.vosla-german-lighting.com/upload/products/pdf/de/28432.pdf

That is one of the down sides of TSB #PIT5374, The other downside is that the lights aren't very much brighter than the originals.

I appreciate the information on how to get onboard with the class-action suit. I sent them an email late today.

Edited by SierraRover

What is the name of the firm couldn't understand the 1st part of the recording. It did say law firm couldn't make out the name.

I belive it is "The Russell Law Firm"

I was looking at a Base Sierra 2500, and noticed it had the same Headlamp design, but my understanding is that it has an HID Bulb, versus the Halogen....can that HID Bulb (if I'm correct on my info) fit into the 2015 Sierra ?

• Like 1

I was looking at a Base Sierra 2500, and noticed it had the same Headlamp design, but my understanding is that it has an HID Bulb, versus the Halogen....can that HID Bulb (if I'm correct on my info) fit into the 2015 Sierra ?

good question....I would like to know the

same!

It's a different projector in the housing, so even if the bulb fit, it would not perform the same.

Guys, if you haven't spoken to the law firm handling intake for the class yet, I encourage you to do so. Even if you decide not to join, it may ultimately help get a solution to the problem.

I asked them (the law firm) point blank what was the ultimate goal of the lawsuit. They stated that they want GM to offer a safe, reliable fix for the trucks on the road. The easiest fix is to swap headlights with a newer design that offers superior lighting, and have already been through DOT certification. Either the assemblies from the '16+ HD trucks, which employ new projectors and HID bulbs, or replacements from the '16 1500 series. Personally I'd prefer the HIDs from the HD trucks as I'm not a fan of the new design.

Don't know if it will ever happen, but I have nothing to lose at this point as GM has slammed the door on offering a real fix on their own.

Every time I drive my wife's 2015 Honda Odyssey with HID's I realize just how freaking awful the lights on my truck are.

Edited by 2Speed
  • Like 2

I have a Chevy silverado, will the " class action lawsuit against General Motors concerning the poor headlight performance on the 2014 – 2015 model GMC Sierra 1500 pickup trucks."

cover my truck or only GMC sierra trucks?

Just got off the phone with the Loen he sounds like a solid individual and I am signed up to participate whatever is needed I have an 07 Chevy Silverado that side by side with my 2014 Sierra it's no contest the Silverados headlights are not only brighter but they have a better throw pattern both distance wise and latterly.

I have a Chevy silverado, will the " class action lawsuit against General Motors concerning the poor headlight performance on the 2014 – 2015 model GMC Sierra 1500 pickup trucks."

The suit that the Russell Law firm is working on is specifically for 2014 & 2015 GMC Sierra trucks.

You could contact them with your concerns to see if they can help in any way.

• Like 1

They took my information and made suggestions of actions for me to take so, yes Chevrolet is included.

• Like 1