Headlight Illumination Issues

Got a voicemail from Doris (Executive Office) yesterday, but had a meeting with the Board and missed it, I will try her today. I drive winding backroads up and down hills, high Deer population, all at night, and this is a serious issue for me, hopefully they come up with something....and I'm not impressed in how GM has dropped this in my Dealers lap rather than own up to it :banghead:

Just heard from Executive Office....they are sorry to say that the DEALER cannot come up with a resolution....my Wife jumped ship and went to a new Maxima after many GM vehicles....I'm exploring options.

• Like 1

Quick correction to email address: [email protected]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Barra

No doubt that email address is monitored/answered by minions, but -- as others have noted -- the only chance to get GMC to own this problem is for there to be some weight in numbers to the complaints. I've read some car complaint web pages, and lots of things happen to cars, some of them real, and some of them perhaps imagined. But this problem seems to be perceived by virtually ALL 2014/15 Sierra drivers, and that was a lot of Sierras coming off the line. Does GMC want to sell to us again? If they don't address this issue, they will lose a lot of sales in the future. I'd recommend this truck to anyone, except for this one issue. I even thought about giving this one to my daughter when her 2004 Silverado finally goes T/U (it has over 200,000 miles on it) but I couldn't do that, not with these headlights.

Thank you for the information

Thank you for the information

Also thank you for correcting the email address.

Did you email [email protected]? or call 855-880-1400 ext. 5911707

My Husband bought a 2015 Honda brand new and hasn't had any issues with it except for a flat tire lol,his headlights are awesome that's terrible that a Honda is made better than a GMC! My truck is at the dealership again same issue headlights in-which they have already fixed them once and their worse now than before they fixed them! Also i'm having other issues with this 50,000 dollar truck oil smell,stalling out when you go to pass dash rattle.seats not cooling ,seat belt on drivers side running light on drivers side not working I really think this Truck is a lemon.

My Husband bought a 2015 Honda brand new and hasn't had any issues with it except for a flat tire lol,his headlights are awesome that's terrible that a Honda is made better than a GMC! My truck is at the dealership again same issue headlights in-which they have already fixed them once and their worse now than before they fixed them! Also i'm having other issues with this 50,000 dollar truck oil smell,stalling out when you go to pass dash rattle.seats not cooling ,seat belt on drivers side running light on drivers side not working I really think this Truck is a lemon.

The GMC truck only has 8000 miles on it.

Did you email [email protected]? or call 855-880-1400 ext. 5911707

Yes, and had Doris 855-880-1400 Ext 5921565 handling it....or should I say "Passing the buck to the dealer"....I then called my salesman (who is off today), and left a message to see what my options are for getting out of this GMC...it's a lease, so we'll see what we can come up with.

Yes, and had Doris 855-880-1400 Ext 5921565 handling it....or should I say "Passing the buck to the dealer"....I then called my salesman (who is off today), and left a message to see what my options are for getting out of this GMC...it's a lease, so we'll see what we can come up with.

I would request Sarah her email is [email protected]

The dealer isn't going to do anything they got their money from you also corporate told me that the dealerships are privately owned and they had no control over them they just sell them the trucks we we make all the money for them by buying them.also they can refuse to work on your truck that you bought from their choice.

The dealer isn't going to do anything they got their money from you also corporate told me that the dealerships are privately owned and they had no control over them they just sell them the trucks we we make all the money for them by buying them.also they can refuse to work on your truck that you bought from their choice.

Would be bought from them

Just heard from Executive Office....they are sorry to say that the DEALER cannot come up with a resolution....my Wife jumped ship and went to a new Maxima after many GM vehicles....I'm exploring options.

Funny how the person from the "executive office" says that they're sorry that the dealer cannot come up with a resolution.

The dealer didn't poorly engineer or design the poor excuse of headlights on these trucks!

I had called back to the exec. office, returning a call from them, got voicemail, and that was 3 days ago, no contact from them since.

Marie77, you mention to talk with Sarah at GM, what has she been able to do for you that you would recommend for us to contact her specifically?

I have this feeling that the only "fix" GM will do is swap out the headlamp bulbs to Vosla's, where some may see an improvement, some may see them as being the same or worse (as I did).

They could easily swap out the headlamp assemblies to the 2016 version, providing a much safer solution for night driving, but again it seems once again they choose to do nothing.

For the person who posted on CarComplaints.com that he was able to get the '16 lights put in his truck, I'd like to have him tell us how he managed to pull that one. Unfortunately no contact info on that site to reach him.

Can't blame anyone to go to a different manufacturer for their next vehicle-and be sure to test drive the vehicle at night!!

Can't blame anyone to go to a different manufacturer for their next vehicle-and be sure to test drive the vehicle at night!!

Don't get me wrong....love the truck (so far....less than 10K), but working my hours, bad lighting is a safety issue. I also loved my '13 Silverado before the motor was blowing up for the second time in 25K....and my '06 Silverado was good till 90K....Front Diff, Transfer Case needing a rebuild within 3 weeks, then R/F Bearing went and caused all sorts of havoc within 2 weeks of Diff / Transfer Case....my Wifes Pontiacs all developed engine knocks, and her Saturn Aura was having expensive issues at 52K....she jumped ship and went to a Nissan Maxima....one helluva car I must say. All our cars are dealer maintained on schedule

For the person who posted on CarComplaints.com that he was able to get the '16 lights put in his truck, I'd like to have him tell us how he managed to pull that one. Unfortunately no contact info on that site to reach him.

Yup, sounds like somebody is blowing smoke

Yup, sounds like somebody is blowing smoke

no one is blowing smoke!...i have personally been in contact with the guy....I have been in contact with GM Canada...they say they are not prepared to do anything yet...lol...Transport Canada is been notified now and my dealer service manager is trying something too.

no one is blowing smoke!...i have personally been in contact with the guy....I have been in contact with GM Canada...they say they are not prepared to do anything yet...lol...Transport Canada is been notified now and my dealer service manager is trying something too.

Is he on this forum?