Headlight Illumination Issues

If you are still under 3yr/36,000mi it will be replaced under warranty. If not, then it's on your dime. Mine both went out at slightly under a year as well. It's going to suck. I'm not even sure mine were replaced with the Vosla bulbs yet, even though imade it very clear that I had upgraded to them. Might pull the cap on the drivers side and take a peek this weekend. Maybe it's just me but, they just don't seem as bright as they were before.

Thanks, I'm way over miles on my warranty. I wonder if Vosla warrants their bulbs for a year...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm way over miles on my warranty. I wonder if Vosla warrants their bulbs for a year...

That would be worth checking out. I'm hearing these Vosla bulbs are around $33 a piece. So $66 every 11-12 months or less is not what I would call a good solution for the consumer. Not to mention the inconvenient times that they can go out on you. Going to have to keep at least one spare bulb in the truck, and the tools to remove the air box for the passenger side. Another kick in the nutz gift that keeps on giving from GM.

• Like 1

That would be worth checking out. I'm hearing these Vosla bulbs are around $33 a piece. So $66 every 11-12 months or less is not what I would call a good solution for the consumer. Not to mention the inconvenient times that they can go out on you. Going to have to keep at least one spare bulb in the truck, and the tools to remove the air box for the passenger side. Another kick in the nutz gift that keeps on giving from GM.

An option could be getting leds. They are suppose to last a long time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That will likely be the route I go. I really want HID but I don't want to cut into the factory wiring. I've had three sets of DDM's in past vehicles and never had a problem but...

LED Headlights look good,however they are not a solution, they do not project enough light on High Beam and you still have problems with side to side lighting. GM needs to step up with a good solution Vosla is not a solution!

• Like 1

So I contacted Vosla 5 days ago via there website. I got a confirmation email (in German) and haven't heard anything since.

The xenondepot LEDs are spec'd to last 20,000 hours... Has anyone on here had them for over a year that can vouch for these? Obviously nobody can vouch for the claimed 20,000 hours but... I figure the K2 has been out for almost 2.5 years now.

GMC Hit With Lawsuit Over Sierra’s Headlights (lawsuit filed 2015)

A lawsuit filed in Southern California said that GMC’s headlights in their 2013 and 2014 pickups are too dim and that the automaker knowingly expanded the use of its headlights to other trucks and SUVs, despite customers’ complaints that the cars were unsafe to drive at night.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/10/gmc-hit-lawsuit-sierras-new-headlights/

http://tinyurl.com/zfl9ds5

Safecar.gov on headlights for 2015 1500 Sierra

I just swapped out my LED's with a Morimoto Kit from The Retrofit Source (https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-sierra-low-beam.html), excellent kit and an easy install. Routing wires and mounting ballasts are a pain but for the most part an excellent kit. Throws out a lot of light, I can see the ditches and the high beams throw down a lot more light. I still need to adjust the headlights so the beams are crisp and look like factory but that should only take a few minutes. Got the 5500K system with 35W ballasts, matches the LEDs on the front of the lights, I may try the 6500K bulbs in the future but for now I am happy.

Edited by theatasigma
  • Like 1

dealer attempted fix for headlights… now they are totally misaligned.. quart and a half short on oil change, seat un fixed, nothing on radio fix… these guys are pushing it...

Edited by edktm

dealer attempted fix for headlights… now they are totally misaligned.. quart and a half short on oil change, seat un fixed, nothing on radio fix… these guys are pushing it...

make sure that all the tabs are in, it sounds like the issue

Just wanted to inform anyone whom own's a 2015 GMC 4x4 Sierra that the headlights are terrible! In order to resolve this issue with GMC calling the Dealership isn't going to work to resolve this problem with the headlights GMC Corporate stated that you had to file a complaint directly with them they go by the amount of complaints before the order a recall etc. so the number to call in Detroit MI Corporate is 1 866-790-5600 So if you're having this issue with your headlight I urge you to please file a complaint with Corporate in Detroit MI before someone or yourself is involved in a accident at night.My 2015 GMC headlights are so bad that on high beam you may be able to see 10 ft so please call and file a complaint again the number is 1 866-790-5600 let's work together and get the headlight issue resolved please call. Thank you

GM has a fix for the dim lighting and if you are still within your 3/36 warranty it is no charge to you. You shouldn't have to call corporate at all.

#PIT5374B: Headlight Performance (BCM Calibration and Bulbs)

Your dealer is blowing some smoke. Give them that number and they will help you if not find another dealer.

Welcome to the forum!

Edited by 15HDriver