Headlight Illumination Issues

I'm sitting here at the Dealer now...I have 2 options...more light on the road at low beams and more light in the trees on high beams or less light on the road on low beams and less light in the trees on high beams.

No bulb upgrades available and if I do a conversion kiss warranty good bye.

So...I'll be calling GM this afternoon.

Strike1st: I don't understand what you're worried about for warranty? The only thing you're compromising by installing HID's is taking out the old bulb, and cutting just the rear removable door (which could be replaced easily). My choice was to install the HID's so I can see on low beam. They are pretty good now. It's just now on high beam they point to the sky, about 10-20 degrees too high. It's comical actually shining into a hundred houses on my way home every night. I try to keep on low beam as much as possible, but it's hard on semi-rural fast roads.

Strike1st: I don't understand what you're worried about for warranty? The only thing you're compromising by installing HID's is taking out the old bulb, and cutting just the rear removable door (which could be replaced easily). My choice was to install the HID's so I can see on low beam. They are pretty good now. It's just now on high beam they point to the sky, about 10-20 degrees too high. It's comical actually shining into a hundred houses on my way home every night. I try to keep on low beam as much as possible, but it's hard on semi-rural fast roads.

My dealer suggested I was compromising the electrical system...I know it's bull shit. But this ain't our Grand Daddy's GM anymore.

I actually get better light now...they're not towed in and I can see a little better. So I had them go one click up to put more light down on road and more up in the trees. Now that they're not cross eyed...I'll adjust them myself. Even though I watched them...they claim they did nothing to fix the cross eyed situation.

They still suck.

Please send me the HID that you used.

My dealer suggested I was compromising the electrical system...I know it's bull shit. But this ain't our Grand Daddy's GM anymore.

I actually get better light now...they're not towed in and I can see a little better. So I had them go one click up to put more light down on road and more up in the trees. Now that they're not cross eyed...I'll adjust them myself. Even though I watched them...they claim they did nothing to fix the cross eyed situation.

They still suck.

Please send me the HID that you used.

There is no way to adjust side to side, only up and down.

I think the dispersion pattern is also a total loss, as there is zero side visibility. I tried turning around on a dirt road the other night and had to roll my window down and use a flashlight.

If you look at the below Visual (Thanks Rigid) the new Sierra's seem to have a beam pattern similar to SPOT vs say Flood or Driving.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/sites/default/files/catalog/19.pdf

I had a chance the other night to do a comparison between my new Sierra with a Morimoto HID kit, vs stock headlights on a 2005 GMC Yukon (Projector style / Silver star bulbs), and although I have a brighter whiter light. The Yukon provided much more general visibility.

I love my truck (First new car I have ever owned) however between the HD radio issues and the headlights, I would likely have bought a competitors product. This issues are minor, but I also have to deal with them each and every day, thus is a constant reminder.

I have right under 15k miles on my SLE and have no problems with the headlight output. I am also what you call "color-blind" and have no issues driving at night or in the rain. I do want to switch out the bulbs for a white HID kit but it has nothing to do with light output.

To be honest I don't have any trouble seeing at night but I will upgrade the bulbs to a brighter white but it nesscerialy for me not really I see fine with them. Thinking about getting some like the ones from autozone but not those blue tinted ones(cheap) .