Financial (buying, trading, gm card, private offers etc) Section

22 hours ago, kbren said:

Why 5.3? I had a 2016 5.3 and then switched it out for a 2018 6.2 and could not be happier! The power helps the feel tremendously and craziest thing is I get better GAS mileage! like 1-2 more per gallon. Both had an eight speed too. Night and day difference, I'm telling you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I hate the idea of super unleaded. 

50 minutes ago, kbren said:

Meh, I dont always use the super. but I get it

Biggest reason to use super is the engine runs at a level it is designed to be able too. It will run fine on lower grades, but the computer will compensate by reducing power to match the gas. 

Edited by JimCost2014

Biggest reason to use super is the engine runs at a level it is designed to be able too. It will run fine on lower grades, but the computer will compensate by reducing power to match the gas. 
Makes sense. I imagine the timing is scaled back a bit with lower octane if that is the case. This engine is a higher compression performance engine so I get the need for premium but to be honest I only run premium if I am doing more work with it than simply driving to/from work and bot towing anything.

I understand the computer will allow for regular unleaded, don't care if the gas mileage is affected slightly for the worse, but do worry about long term consequences of not running super down the road. I plan on keeping the truck for a long time.

Call me cheap if you want, but an extra .40/gallon on top of the price for the 6.2 seems like a lot to me.

11 minutes ago, steve8 said:

I understand the computer will allow for regular unleaded, don't care if the gas mileage is affected slightly for the worse, but do worry about long term consequences of not running super down the road. I plan on keeping the truck for a long time.

Call me cheap if you want, but an extra .40/gallon on top of the price for the 6.2 seems like a lot to me.

Yes, you can run regular and it will run on it in the 6.2, but if you want to keep it long term and prevent issues down the road, premium is recommended.  GM only has to care for the vehicle while under warranty.  You have to care for it for 200k+miles.  LSPI or low speed pre-ignition can happen and you might not know it with the computer compensating for it and damage can set in. These engines have high compression. Back in the day before computers, an engine with this same compression would have to be ran on high octane to prevent knocking.  This is why I like to run E85, it is a high octane fuel around 100 octane if I remember correctly.   I know most trucks are not flex fuel ready now like before.  To me it isn't an issue to run FF on a DD.  I have a 2002 Silverado that isn't FF and run FF in it and have been for 2+years now with no issues.  I do like the fact that it runs smoother, and has better throttle response and how the exhaust smells.  Yes, it gets lower MPG but to me it is worth it.  For now here FF is $1.50 gallon and premium is $2.50. So the cost per mile is less running FF.

LSPI.jpg?resize=400,287&ssl=1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Thejet07 said:

Soo im in the midst of ford repurchasing my f150 due to it being a lemon. Looking at a 2018 Silverado z71 allstar crew cab. What should I pay for one?

This is off the Chevrolet web site.  So I would say this would be the total off sticker for  what is stated below.  Possibly more since tomorrow is the end of the month and they want to move some trucks off the lot. 

2018 SILVERADO 1500 CREW CAB LT ALL STAR

For current GM Owners          
$7,500 Total Cash Allowance
              $3,000 Price Reduction Below MSRP
       + $750 Option Package Discount
$11,250 Total Value

when you finance with GM Financial

IMO the 11-12K is not nearly enough for a 2018.

FWIW I have been looking at 2018's listing aprox 57K and I know I could get 13 off but that's still not enough for me. I have failed at 15 so 13-14 may be as much as you'll get?

13 will definitely not get me to buy.

Again, IMO the 18 is such a dated and old platform that GM needs to step in and help some more. The 19's will hit 10K off soon enough but the QC concerns me for now.

So I'm either at a 2018 this week/possibly Presidents day sale or thinking about a 2020 late fall.

Your money/your call.

While I agree the 11-12k off should be more being as its a leftover, and you might get a better deal today as its the end of the month, don't expect the incentives to be any more as time goes on..

Ive been researching prices for a few years, and by jan/feb of the new year the incentives start to dwindle... by March or so there really isn't much incentives out there... The manufacturers use Dec/Jan & Feb to put incentives out to push most of the old inventory...After that there isn't much in dealer stock of the previous model year, so they don't throw much money at them.. Best case is that the incentives will stay about the same from here on out.

Also , im not sure what is so "old & dated" about the K2xx?? The interior of the 19 is basically the same .. This truck does everything I need it to do, why spend more on something that does the same thing???...If you like the looks of a new one , I get that, and by all means go for a new one, but again looks and features are subjective.

Edited by ajensen383

21 minutes ago, ajensen383 said:

While I agree the 11-12k off should be more being as its a leftover, and you might get a better deal today as its the end of the month, don't expect the incentives to be any more as time goes on..

Ive been researching prices for a few years, and by jan/feb of the new year the incentives start to dwindle... by March or so there really isn't much incentives out there... The manufacturers use Dec/Jan & Feb to put incentives out to push most of the old inventory...After that there isn't much in dealer stock of the previous model year, so they don't throw much money at them.. Best case is that the incentives will stay about the same from here on out.

Also , im not sure what is so "old & dated" about the K2xx?? The interior of the 19 is basically the same .. This truck does everything I need it to do, why spend more on something that does the same thing???...If you like the looks of a new one , I get that, and by all means go for a new one, but again looks and features are subjective.

I understand what your saying about pricing. 

As soon as I posted my previous comment I knew I would get some flak about my old and dated comment, but I will stand by it. Not trying to insult anyone, but it's been out a long time and in need of some updates. One of the problems is GM didn't knock it out of the park with the 2019. 

I obviously don't hate the 18 if I'm considering one at 57 list, but just need to get more off than what's being offered. 

No problem if I can't. My current silverado is still fine. 

Edited by steve8

On 1/30/2019 at 7:40 PM, Thejet07 said:

Soo im in the midst of ford repurchasing my f150 due to it being a lemon. Looking at a 2018 Silverado z71 allstar crew cab. What should I pay for one?

check out all the issues with the transmissions you may change your mind.