Partial Debadge or Not

Now to figure out what the next mod is going to be. I really want to look into the gm exhaust but don't have the bills to drop on one right now. Want to get it to rumble a little more than it does.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now to figure out what the next mod is going to be. I really want to look into the gm exhaust but don't have the bills to drop on one right now. Want to get it to rumble a little more than it does.

I've never bought a premade exhaust. The only thing you'd have to gain is if it has mandrel bent pipes but the thing is that you'll only notice the difference from mandrel over non-mandrel in a high performance vehicle, not a daily driver pickup so to me mandrel bent on a daily pickup is wasted money. Just go to a shop that you trust with exhaust and have them do what you want. I had everything from the muffler back removed, had a Flowmaster Super 44 single in dual out with the dual tailpipes and a black chrome tip behind each wheel for around $350 and that's with labor. The only problem is that it has that V4 drone but personally it doesn't bother me. Most say it sounds like a helicopter but to me it sounds more like the engine brake on a commercial truck which I love so no big deal to me. I've read that if you put a single in/dual out muffler they have the flapper valve moved to in front of the muffler and it seems to work pretty good. So I say just go to a shop that's good with exhaust and have them build you the exact system you want. I'm picky so I don't want to settle for what a premade system has lol. OF course the Super 44 is the 2nd most aggressive muffler they have, Super 10 is the most but I don't think that's legal so I didn't go for the 10. Just go on Youtube and listen to different vids.

I cannot decide. My wife had a 2006 silverado with afm with a Flowmaster muffler and I really did not care for the tone that it create in v4 mode. I have heard the gm one is made to eliminate that v4 drone that why I was considering it. I have only had the truck for 1 month and maybe 1500 miles so plenty of time to get it all done.

Member silver ice 6.2 did a nice exhaust set up on his 6.2.. might want to hear it. Wink wink

I wonder how I can get some more information from this member on his set up and where I might be able to get some videos of how it sounds.

Personally I like the emblem on and the other badges off

I also removed the Z71 4x4 badges from the sides of the truck and put one on the back

F333A945-CA8F-450C-8F12-7FA11B42E110_zps

- Mike

IG: @BlackPearl_Edition

I wonder how I can get some more information from this member on his set up and where I might be able to get some videos of how it sounds.

Click on my name to see more vids.. these where all recorded from my phone. To really hear them well either on a computer with some speaker or Bluetooth in your truck.

Well I decided to take the badges off and go with the clean look. Now wont have to worry about trying to clean between the letters and such when I wash it. I really like the clean look without the badges.

20160403_164300_zpspm9x2nzp.jpg

How'd you do it?

Dental floss to get behind the letters and cut the double sided tape. Then get a rag with goo gone soaked on it rub it areal over the remaining 3m tape on the paint saturated in it and then rubbed it off with my finger. Then I clay bared the area polished and waxed.

Dental floss to get behind the letters and cut the double sided tape. Then get a rag with goo gone soaked on it rub it areal over the remaining 3m tape on the paint saturated in it and then rubbed it off with my finger. Then I clay bared the area polished and waxed.

Yup ^^^ what he said but i use different stuff the plastic razor blades help big time1c5992e2c9967fda72764e65b4599c2e.jpg did. My truck the first week almost 2 years ago today. Did my brothers 16 for him the second day he had it without telling him... i still don't think he has noticed lol

Yup ^^^ what he said but i use different stuff the plastic razor blades help big time1c5992e2c9967fda72764e65b4599c2e.jpg did. My truck the first week almost 2 years ago today. Did my brothers 16 for him the second day he had it without telling him... i still don't think he has noticed lol

Hahaaa. Brothers don't let brothers drive with badges!! I love it!

rt

Well I decided to take the badges off and go with the clean look. Now wont have to worry about trying to clean between the letters and such when I wash it. I really like the clean look without the badges.

20160403_164300_zpspm9x2nzp.jpg

a97739a602b797a3b48fd8a00d395df2.jpg

Trying to decide if I want to take Sierra off...

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+

Archived