Partial Debadge or Not

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After doing a photoshop I have determined I don't like the black emblem. So it will either come off or stay on. Really leaning toward taking at least the gmc off.

After doing a photoshop I have determined I don't like the black emblem. So it will either come off or stay on. Really leaning toward taking at least the gmc off.

Ya I wouldn't do black emblems on your truck because your's is red. They're already color matched lol. If you did black emblems on a red truck it would look like you're just following what everybody else is doing. I did mine black because I have a black truck, if I had a different color I would have also color matched. There's people with other color trucks with black emblems and don't really look right to me, maybe white but anything other than black or white a black emblem don't look right.

I think you will be happy when you take the GMC off. I think that badge in the middle of the tailgate is obtrusive... At least the other ones are somewhat subtle. I had the dealer remove mine when I bought it. As soon as I saw mine without the logo and all the other brand new trucks with em, I could immediately tell how much better it looked. My 2 cents.

I figure when they pay me to advertise. I will leave them on so far no reply from GMC. So off they go. :thumbs: Only one left is the grill and I carbon fibered that.

Just like guns and motorcyles and luggage, most folks buy thing based on the "badging" on them....isn't that why you picked your truck?

Never understood taking off the badges. A truck with no badging looks like it got wrecked, repainted, and they forgot to put the badging back on.

I figure when they pay me to advertise. I will leave them on so far no reply from GMC. So off they go. :thumbs: Only one left is the grill and I carbon fibered that.

So does that mean you take off any brand logos on everything you own rather it's a vehicle, an accessory on a vehicle, electronics in your house, appliances in your house and so on? Plus you say you still have the one on the grill so do you just not want to advertise for the people behind you? You can buy an aftermarket grille without the logo if you really feel like you don't want to advertise for a truck that you paid good money for. Just a thought I guess, but it's your truck, your thinking just doesn't seem consistent that's all.

Again, I don't mind these on my '14 since they don't look cheap and aren't too big. I'm proud to own a Chevy so why take off every Chevy bowtie on the truck? Also again if they did it like the new RAMs where the RAM logo literally takes up the whole tailgate then I can understand wanting to take it off.

Well I decided to take the badges off and go with the clean look. Now wont have to worry about trying to clean between the letters and such when I wash it. I really like the clean look without the badges.

20160403_164300_zpspm9x2nzp.jpg

Just like guns and motorcyles and luggage, most folks buy thing based on the "badging" on them....isn't that why you picked your truck?

Never understood taking off the badges. A truck with no badging looks like it got wrecked, repainted, and they forgot to put the badging back on.

I have 3 Harley-Davidson motorcycles and none of them have badges for the fact they damn sure didn't give them too me. But fire em up and you know who built them! I did not buy them for the badges nor did I buy the truck for all of the cheap ass badges.

RT

So does that mean you take off any brand logos on everything you own rather it's a vehicle, an accessory on a vehicle, electronics in your house, appliances in your house and so on? Plus you say you still have the one on the grill so do you just not want to advertise for the people behind you? You can buy an aftermarket grille without the logo if you really feel like you don't want to advertise for a truck that you paid good money for. Just a thought I guess, but it's your truck, your thinking just doesn't seem consistent that's all.

Again, I don't mind these on my '14 since they don't look cheap and aren't too big. I'm proud to own a Chevy so why take off every Chevy bowtie on the truck? Also again if they did it like the new RAMs where the RAM logo literally takes up the whole tailgate then I can understand wanting to take it off.

Who gives a damn if its a Denali or a High Country. I have a WT and it's a helluva lot more truck than the fore mentioned! Fancy pants wanna be men don't impress anyone in my book!

RT

Well I decided to take the badges off and go with the clean look. Now wont have to worry about trying to clean between the letters and such when I wash it. I really like the clean look without the badges.

20160403_164300_zpspm9x2nzp.jpg

Awesome!!! Looks great. Nice clean look for sure.

Archived