On 7/15/2019 at 12:01 PM, jwtero said:

New here as well. After reading this I decided to to 285/55/22 Nittos from 285/45/22 oem Bridgestone Dueler A/T's

97B51FD3-8F80-4902-9157-19B7A65C3708.jpeg

Looking sweet!  Are those the Ridge Grapplers or the Terra Grapplers? Lift/level?

14 hours ago, jfuerte said:

Looking sweet!  Are those the Ridge Grapplers or the Terra Grapplers? Lift/level?

Ridge Grapplers. I had OEM Rancho shocks, I upgraded to the Bilstein 5100s all around. Set the front at its highest setting. It had a level previously from different owner. I pulled the lower level piece, and kept the top one in as I seen a few others have done. Ride is extremely smooth, and planted firmly.

7 hours ago, Dkn1997 said:

I installed power steps and with this wheel/tire combo, it make the truck look even better 

2FC81BE1-3EDE-49CC-B060-AEC2C90F168D.jpeg

This is definitely next on my list of things to do. I need them for my wife and kids, and my son is disabled so steps are needed to put him into the truck. Im 6'7" so I don't use them.

This is definitely next on my list of things to do. I need them for my wife and kids, and my son is disabled so steps are needed to put him into the truck. Im 6'7" so I don't use them.
Any rub with that set up?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes some rubbing.  I only put a 2” level on it.  A 2.5” level would alleviate a lot of it.  It’s not bad. Full lock in reverse and if you come into a parking lot apron like maverick and goose buzzing the tower it will make a noise that’s not cool at all 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 1:28 PM, jwtero said:

Ridge Grapplers. I had OEM Rancho shocks, I upgraded to the Bilstein 5100s all around. Set the front at its highest setting. It had a level previously from different owner. I pulled the lower level piece, and kept the top one in as I seen a few others have done. Ride is extremely smooth, and planted firmly.

When switching to the Bilsteins do you have to swap/change anything else or could I just do a straight up swap with the Ranchos and be good to go?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:59 PM, acinquegrana said:

Any rub with that set up?

No sir.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:12 PM, jfuerte said:

When switching to the Bilsteins do you have to swap/change anything else or could I just do a straight up swap with the Ranchos and be good to go?

Direct Swap, of course you have to disassemble the strut assembly to swap them. But im going a different route, and will be selling my 285/55/22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with under 100 miles on them, and selling my Bilstein B* 5100 shocks with same less than 100 miles, and OEM steps off of the truck.

11 hours ago, jwtero said:

No sir.

Direct Swap, of course you have to disassemble the strut assembly to swap them. But im going a different route, and will be selling my 285/55/22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with under 100 miles on them, and selling my Bilstein B* 5100 shocks with same less than 100 miles, and OEM steps off of the truck.

Where are you located?

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting to pull the trigger on a set of 285 55 22 G2's.... but before I do.. Have any of you experienced a slight thump under your feet when cornering at slow speeds? I am wondering if it is steering rack related. I am posting here since you all have larger tires. Looking to see if it has affected anyone else. I'm on a ready lift 2.25 front level with UCA, and zone add a leaf. Stock tires. Loving the ride. Perfect height all around with slight rake.25cd3c2b60a79d71555cea7823a5e05d.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2017 at 1:42 PM, pdosescu said:

I added the spacer for the look mostly. It's the same front and rear and it looks pretty solid. I ran a SuspensionMaxx 2.5" level. I loved it and the bracket for the relocation of the level sensor was good. It was actually accidentally transferred to the Fabtech control arms and it ended up making my whole lift ride better because it put the sensor at a better angle. Here's the truck with the level.

a9d3a27e92e1930da0cff1da4bb34ff0.jpg

The ride was pretty much same as stock. The only time I could feel a difference was at 75+mph and I think the aerodynamic change was the biggest difference.

I would highly recommend a true lift for such a size tire. Yes, it could technically fit on just a level, but it really doesn't make a lot of sense to limit the movement of the suspension that way. But I built this truck to be able to drive through a ditch if I feel like it... haha you know what I mean though.

Here's the truck with the Fabtech 4". I'd highly recommend this set up. I'll take pics of the upper ball joint if you want. It's solid.

0d1397f4b8cd7e60a47b13f54f02d9b9.jpgc6172030c12927cb05a027c201fc1494.jpg70e43d415075285f94124f57dd6a4fba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size spacers do you have on your truck???

Could someone with a 2.5" lift and the 285/55/22 setup take a height measurement from the ground to the top of the XM antenna please?  I'm ready to switch to the bigger tires and lift but am not sure If I will fit in my garage.  I don't really want to give up parking inside especially with winter coming soon.  Or if you have a 2.5" level and the 285/55/22, are you able to fit in a standard 7ft garage opening?

• 1 month later...

For everyone that has had some time with LT285 55 22s (specifically terra grappler G2)... How do you like the ride quality? Is the 10 ply tire that drastic? How is the "seat of pants feel" for power loss from the heavier tire? Is the ABS sensitive over bumps? What tire pressures are you running?

Also on a side note... Has anyone experienced rubber cracking with their nitto G2s? Only ask because I had a set of "G1s" from 2012 and the cracking was unreal.

Sorry for the rant.

Thanks!