2015 Chevy Silverado double cab amp and woofer install. Need help!

Model: 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 double cab

So I got a pioneer 5 channel amp with speaker wire inputs so I can keep my factory radio. I Cut the factory harness speaker wires leaving the power and ground wire intact. Ran the speaker wire to the amp, and then from the amp back into the factory harness. Powered up everything and I am getting no signal, my chimes don't work, no sound at all.

Took it to Best Buy, guy said I did everything correctly, and couldn't figure it out either. Anyone have this problem or got an idea? I even tried changing connection to a line out converter and still nothing. Everything is brand new.

• 1 month later...

Which pioneer 5ch? i have seen far too many of those dead out of the box... do you own a multimeter? Did the tech at Best Buy charge you to pull it apart and look into it? also which best buy out of curiosity.

can you take a pic of the side of the amp where the settings and inputs are? just want to make sure that you have things hooked up right there.

try taking a AA battery post amp, hook a few inches of wiring onto each side separately and touch the + side to one side of a speaker output and the - to the other side on the amp output. do you get a popping noise?

some modern vehicles the "amp" whether separate like the bose system or the internal on the radio need to see a physical load from the speakers so you may need to use something like the Kicker KIS-LOC or PAC LP6-4. but I know these do not need that. I hope GM never goes that route, BMW has been doing it for almost 20 years, Ford and Fiat Chrysler started in the recent years and it is dumb.

Archived