Michelin LTX M/S 2 tire

Currently have them on my 2014 GMC Sierra SLT and taking them with me when I pick up my 2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ on Wenesday. Put 90.000 miles on a 2009 Chevy 2500HD Duramax with Michelin LTX A/T2' traded truck, but would have had to replace at 100,000 miles.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires. My wife had uses them for years because she drives a lot of miles for work. They are quiet, handle really well, and last forever. We routinely get 80,000 miles out of a set with 30% tread left. The only thing that might bother some people is on blacktop that's been sealed they can squeal a little if your making a sharp turn at idle.

Currently have them on my 2014 GMC Sierra SLT and taking them with me when I pick up my 2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ on Wenesday. Put 90.000 miles on a 2009 Chevy 2500HD Duramax with Michelin LTX A/T2' traded truck, but would have had to replace at 100,000 miles.

Not sure how often you may have rotated those. But know I went past the 100k mark on a set that was on a one ton dually & that truck was used in a commercial application. Wanting to say they made it to the 110-112 thousand mile mark. Though were due to be replaced at that point.

Will put what ever Michelin LTX variant is available on the half ton when it is due. Run all Michelin tires on a Peterbilt semi too. They cost more up front, but money well spent.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a 2014 1500 LT Double Cab 2WD and read posting about the best tires on this forum - what about the Michelin LTX M/S2 tires? The truck is not used off-road so I'm just looking for good tires for city/highway driving with good handling (dry and wet roads) while providing a quiet and smooth ride (snow is not an issue in SC).

The truck came with Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max P265/65R18 tires.

These are great tires, I've owned a few sets, and my next will be the Defender. I've bought nothing but Michelin brand tires over the past 20 years. I love putting some wear on OEM tires and then switch to Michelins. You get that new car excitement all over again!

The MS/2s is what I have on my last Tundra, and is the tire I used to replace the crappy stock Goodyear tires on my Denali. Love them. They made a very noticeable improvement in my Denali's ride. They are quiet, handle well, and give good traction for what I do. Almost all my miles are highway, and that's were they excel. They do get miles on dirt and caliche roads heading to some land we have out in west Texas, and they do fine there. They don't do well at all in any type of mud, so don't expect miracles there.

When these wear out, I will replace them with the same tire.

I'm 99% sure that the my current Latitude Tours will be replaced with the new LTX MS. Hopefully Costco has the 265/70/17 by late April or early may.

The latitude's have served me very well and I don't have any real complaints, and although I'm not too far from 50k miles the 3 originals are extremely worn down and are only good for paved roads. Off roading or snow are entirely ruled out. The fourth tire has less miles and will be used as the spare.

Excellent feedback on the Michelin tires - I may go ahead and spend the money now instead of waiting until the OEM tires wear out. Although the dealer will sell me Michelin tires, any perks (like flat repairs, free balancing, etc) that I get from a national chain would be missing if I bought from the dealer and either moved or needed help on a trip.

Excellent feedback on the Michelin tires - I may go ahead and spend the money now instead of waiting until the OEM tires wear out. Although the dealer will sell me Michelin tires, any perks (like flat repairs, free balancing, etc) that I get from a national chain would be missing if I bought from the dealer and either moved or needed help on a trip.

Costco has been very good to us, the prices are always reasonable but the service has been flawless and that makes a huge difference. Free rotations, balancing, flat repairs, etc.

And they're less than 2 miles away from me!

Are you folks carrying the OEM spare instead of buying 5 Michelin tires?

I had my last flat tire sixteen years ago and never had the spare wheel off in my past two trucks (15 years combined). I once thought of having an identical spare wheel and including it into the rotation. This would be a pain to unload and load the spare at every rotation and any saving would be used by buying a matching spare wheel and tire!

Archived