Aux Switch Mounting

Wasn't that bad.

First open your console lid. With it open, now you will have to pull up and back on the top grey plastic piece that goes around the entire console which is also connected to the cluster part that holds all the 12V and power supplies. Once you pull that off you will have access to the back of the plugs. You can pinch 2 prongs that remove the 12V outlets. Remove whichever one you want.

Remove the socket from the plastic housing and your switch will fit right in the plastic housing piece.

Clip back in and you are good to go.

Just tried it and Worked like a charm. Thank you for the info!!! Greatly appreciated.

Just tried it and Worked like a charm. Thank you for the info!!! Greatly appreciated.

No problem.

Side note: If the switch is a tad loose, take your switch out and put 1 or 2 rounds of electrical tape around your switch then slide it back in. Will fit like

At least that's how mine was.

• 2 months later...

Looking to see where everyone is mounting their aux switches for light bars on the 2014+ GMC's. I have the trailer package so the trailer brake is in the way on the left side.

I have a couple cubes and a bar I want to put behind my grill but would like to have an idea of where the switch can go.

Anyone mount a switch in their center console?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about on your keychain with the door remote?

Single or multi-channel remote control 12v 10A relays are available on EBay for less than $10. Channel A controls the LED spots on the sports bar and Channel B the LED floods behind the grille. Plus you can control the lights from outside the vehicle.

One of many on EBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/315MHZ-DC-12v-relay-2CH-wireless-RF-Remote-Control-Switch-Transmitter-Receiver-/121532355607?hash=item1c4be49417:g:WRwAAOSwc0FUpfUv

• 5 years later...

I got the 6 Gang Switch Panel, OFFROADTOWN Electronic Relay... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PZ7C5XJ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_fabc_1N1B9CGVAB8HRJ12M383?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 

I mounted the relay box and made the connections in the engine bay. They light up green when off and yellow when on. Works greats for what I wanted and way cheaper than some of the others I’m seeing out there

image.jpg

image.jpg