Aux Switch Mounting

Looking to see where everyone is mounting their aux switches for light bars on the 2014+ GMC's. I have the trailer package so the trailer brake is in the way on the left side.

I have a couple cubes and a bar I want to put behind my grill but would like to have an idea of where the switch can go.

Anyone mount a switch in their center console?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to see where everyone is mounting their aux switches for light bars on the 2014+ GMC's. I have the trailer package so the trailer brake is in the way on the left side.

I have a couple cubes and a bar I want to put behind my grill but would like to have an idea of where the switch can go.

Anyone mount a switch in their center console?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I did.

There is lots of 12V outlets so I didn't mind losing one. Still looks factory when cover is down. No modification of the hole at all. If I wanted to remove the switch and put back the 12V outlet back, I could.

post-145863-0-89894300-1458226633_thumb.jpg

post-145863-0-62161000-1458226646_thumb.jpg

See this thread

I second that. I'm in the process of getting mine going. It will give me 4 switches and still have the factory look without drilling or losing anything. May cost a little more but it's worth it to me. I guess it only works though if you don't already have a full switch bank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This is what I did.

There is lots of 12V outlets so I didn't mind losing one. Still looks factory when cover is down. No modification of the hole at all. If I wanted to remove the switch and put back the 12V outlet back, I could.

Where did you buy your switch?

Where did you buy your switch?

I got mine from Canadian Tire...however, all auto parts stores carry them. It's just a standard round led toggle. You can get them from ebay, amazon, or practically anywhere. Just search round led toggle.

• 1 month later...

This is what I did.

I did the same thing.. don't have any use for 3 12v ports, so I removed one.. no damage/ modification whatsoever and I can put it right back to factory in about 15 minutes.

http://imgur.com/NdeGLBn

http://imgur.com/meHj32Q

Both look great! How hard was it to locate your switch there? And how did you remove the power outlet, what's the process of getting that bad boy out of there without breaking anything?

Edited by bwilloby46

here is what I did. Not exactly pretty, but unless you look up close it looks fine. I broke off/took out the left side stationary part. Then i cut the circuit board behind it so I could fit the switch. Then I just took some plastic sheet I had laying around and trimmed it to fit in the hole, and painted it. It's real easy for me to hit it by feel.

s

IMG_20160429_221443246.jpg

Edited by thetruck454
  • Like 1

Both look great! How hard was it to locate your switch there? And how did you remove the power outlet, what's the process of getting that bad boy out of there without breaking anything?

Wasn't that bad.

First open your console lid. With it open, now you will have to pull up and back on the top grey plastic piece that goes around the entire console which is also connected to the cluster part that holds all the 12V and power supplies. Once you pull that off you will have access to the back of the plugs. You can pinch 2 prongs that remove the 12V outlets. Remove whichever one you want.

Remove the socket from the plastic housing and your switch will fit right in the plastic housing piece.

Clip back in and you are good to go.