The downside to a front level is the loss of rake. This is good for looks until you add a load. I was wondering if adding a leaf to your rear spring set has proven to be an economical and effective way to retain a slightly raked or level profile while using your truck to haul. I have read about "add a leaf" used to raise the back of your truck 1-3 inches. I am not looking for additional lift. I am talking about reinforcing the existing leaf springs to handle loads without significant squatting. There is a spring shop near me that fabricates leaf springs. I am confident they will do any work I request. I just want to hear from people who have tried this and have some comments.

You can do what I did add a hellwig helper spring to the rear of your truck bolts right on top very easy to do. Now I don't have any squatting issues when I'm towing or have a 500 pound load in the bed. Also truck rides nice and smooth when empty. A add a leaf will make your truck ride rough in the rear I'm also leveled and am loving the helper spring

You can do what I did add a hellwig helper spring to the rear of your truck bolts right on top very easy to do. Now I don't have any squatting issues when I'm towing or have a 500 pound load in the bed. Also truck rides nice and smooth when empty. A add a leaf will make your truck ride rough in the rear I'm also leveled and am loving the helper spring

I would like to hear more about your set up.

2014 Silverado 2WT CC Summit White 4.3L V6

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel

These are certainly an option worth considering. I also would be interested in hearing more (the good and the bad) on these. They almost seem to be in the category of, "too good to be true"...

All good and no bad as far as I'm concerned. Need to adjust them down so they aren't as stiff when there is nothing in the bed

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/28/2016 at 9:29 PM, rdnckhntr94 said:

Here's a picture of my helwig helper springs. I have them adjusted a little too stiff (approx. 1" gap from leaf springs)

f52c78f98f73bdd386b09aeadd4bb73e.jpg

After talking to multiple people I believe I'm going to be ordering a set of these. Seems the most cost reasonable solution to keep the truck from squatting as much as it does.