Dog Platform for Back Seat of Crew Cab

Was wondering if anyone had done anything creative in the back seat of their crew cab to make it more comfortable for their dog. We have an 80 lb lab and was thinking of some type of platform that rests across the seats that we can then put a bed on. Goal would be to keep the storage space under the seats. Needs to be stable and level. Welcome ideas and photos. On the floor is dark, she can't see out the window, and must say I wouldn't want to be down there either.

Where are you from. My dad is a woodworker and actually made one for my double cab and one for his crew cab. Pretty nifty actually.

Do you have any pics of what you've done? This seems like a great idea.... I might have to include some deployable stairs though... our big 'ole lab is getting kinda old to be jumping all the way up to the seats!

I was thinking Of something similar, but with the seat folded up. That pic looks to have the seat removed. I figured out how to use a tiedown to secure the seat in the folded up position. My plan was to make a platform that could be easily removed and had a couple inches of padding. The height would be about the same as the rear seat.

My yellow lab is 90 to 100 pounds. We just got back from Florida, around 2,000 total miles round trip, and he rode in the floor of my double cab the whole way with the seat up. I lose the underseat storage but I hate to think of him having to climb all the way up on the seat. It's pretty high from the ground.

Sometimes he'd lay in the floor and sleep. Sometimes he'd sit up and stare out the side glass. Sometimes he'd sit up and stare out the windshield or just lay his head on the console next to my arm.

How about using some high density styrofoam blocks and then cover them with either automotive grade carpet, or some other fabric. You could even add something like the white shower tile board on top of the styrofoam, but under the fabric to help protect the foam. It could be made in 2 pieces (cut in half somewhere near the center hump) to keep the loading height low, easier to install and remove, and possibly easier to store when not in use. Here is what I am referring to:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polystyrene-Block-Packaging-Arts-Craft-2lb-48-L-x-10-/371526658687?hash=item5680b6ea7f:g:hegAAOxySOlSBpRU

Archived