Air Raid Jr kit and truck feels slower

I installed and air raid dry filter and intake tube about a month ago and immediately I thought it felt slower and less responsive from a stop or any speed. Anyone else install an intake and not like it. I was also surprised I don't hear anything from the intake like everyone says an air intake does.

Payton34, on 30 Jan 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

I installed and air raid dry filter and intake tube about a month ago and immediately I thought it felt slower and less responsive from a stop or any speed. Anyone else install an intake and not like it. I was also surprised I don't hear anything from the intake like everyone says an air intake does.

I didn't have that problem but I did have a problem with their air filter. The gasket on it is way too thin and it allows dirt to get in between the lid and air filter along the edge along the fender. I will snap some photos later and add it to my warning post in this section. The air filters gasket on the airaid is about half of what the GM paper filters gasket is.

I installed the exact same kit on my 2015 Denali with 6.2 (with zero other mods at the time) when it only had a few hundred miles on it. Never disconnected the battery or anything, just installed the tube and filter and drove off. Felt an immediate positive response from both a stop and while accelerating at speed. It was great. No issues.

How many miles are on your 14 ? you may need to let your ECU relearn by disconnecting the neg. off your battery for a bit then try it out.

How many miles are on your 14 ? you may need to let your ECU relearn by disconnecting the neg. off your battery for a bit then try it out.

I disconnected the neg cable when I installed it and have put on about 500 miles since then. I took out the air raid filter yesterday since it is about 1/2inch too small and doesn't seat in the air box and put the std paper back in. Based on the dyno tests on this link it looks like the intake pipe with oe filter has the best results http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/145676-bbp-independent-intake-test-results/

I disconnected the neg cable when I installed it and have put on about 500 miles since then. I took out the air raid filter yesterday since it is about 1/2inch too small and doesn't seat in the air box and put the std paper back in. Based on the dyno tests on this link it looks like the intake pipe with oe filter has the best results http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/145676-bbp-independent-intake-test-results/

980f9de695d66189d0e687c8dc50f9c5.jpg

f17bc563f33b9a4b24b834b8b93b9097.jpg

Like mine lol.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Make sure everything is seated correctly (MAF band clamps are tight, coupler from tube to TB is on and covering everything, all the PVC stuff is right) it is simple but those things can happen and you will have false air coming in. Also after I put mine on and ran it for a bit I noticed my mileage kept dropping. Reset the computer and it went back to normal after some learn time maybe 100mi. Better throttle response and torque are what I noticed from the tube only. And some of the dryflow filters don't flow real well (I don't know the exact CFM but you could always try you left over stock filter and see if you notice a difference. Good Luck.

Archived