Plasti-dipped grill and bumpers?

I used 5 light coats on my grille. To prevent over spray behind it I removed it from the truck which requires you to remove the painted part of the bumper also. I ended up using almost two full cans in total.

• 1 year later...

I did my grill and badges all the way around. It is pretty simple as long as you prep properly it will last and turn out really good. I’m getting ready to coat my bumpers and maybe my rims. fe704b56c642471de93550535be3c25d.jpgd2f9ffbbf17a7d08f8b2d9180fb6ad58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, TX LIMO said:

I did my grill and badges all the way around. It is pretty simple as long as you prep properly it will last and turn out really good. I’m getting ready to coat my bumpers and maybe my rims. fe704b56c642471de93550535be3c25d.jpgd2f9ffbbf17a7d08f8b2d9180fb6ad58.jpg

look's good

21 hours ago, TX LIMO said:

I did my grill and badges all the way around. It is pretty simple as long as you prep properly it will last and turn out really good. I’m getting ready to coat my bumpers and maybe my rims.

Is that flat black? I have been wanting to do my honeycomb grill but may have to do the whole grill and headlights now after seeing yours.

Is that flat black? I have been wanting to do my honeycomb grill but may have to do the whole grill and headlights now after seeing yours.

Yes it’s flat black. Plasti dip also has glossifier that might put more of a shine on it. I did a couple of coats of the glossifier over the three coats of smoke on the tail lights. I’m debating on doing my headlight trim or leave it. I will have to see how I like it with the black bumpers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2017 at 2:25 PM, TX LIMO said:

I worked some photoshop magic so you can see all of the chrome deleted.

1.thumb.jpg.25ef1d2b26f057d643e099da9dacc79b.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.fdcdda2fbd918a23bba55d46bbd5b9c3.jpg

I worked some photoshop magic so you can see all of the chrome deleted.
1.thumb.jpg.25ef1d2b26f057d643e099da9dacc79b.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.fdcdda2fbd918a23bba55d46bbd5b9c3.jpg

That’s what I’m going for. Thanks for the visual. I found that I can do vinyl for the bumpers. It’s gonna be cheaper than powder coating/painted/new bumpers. It will stand up better than plastidip too.

Delivered to you via my cellular device using Tapatalk

Pre cut vinyl? Where are you getting it from?

I’m not sure. It will probably just be a roll or two of it. I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos on the subject. I know it’s gonna be a little bit of a pain in the butt since I did all my interior accents in Realtree vinyl.

Delivered to you via my cellular device using Tapatalk

Archived