Range AFM or Tuner

I have a friend with a Diablo InTune; so I am considering paying for second license and using his device.

The only thing I want to do is turn off AFM and recalibrate for my 33 inch tires. I am not interested in modifying the engine at all. I did that with my old 2013 Ford SHO and although cool--not really interested in blowing out my warranty. As far as I am concerned with GM; I'm not doing anything beyond turning off AFM, thus I don't see how they could start anything if I had to bring it in for a powertrain issue.

Thoughts? My friend used his Diablo to turn off AFM and recalibrate for his tires and he loves it! I just absolutely hate how this whole AFM works.

If you're only interested in turning off AFM then go with a Range unit. Can't be detected by the flash counter your dealership would use to detect if it's been tuned or not

My only thought is -- do I really need to calibrate for the new 33's or is it a marginal difference?

Also; I see you have Range--is it really plug and leave alone? I don't want something I have to constantly screw with to make sure AFM is disabled.

My only thought is -- do I really need to calibrate for the new 33's or is it a marginal difference?

Also; I see you have Range--is it really plug and leave alone? I don't want something I have to constantly screw with to make sure AFM is disabled.

I had it, gave mine to my dad. Yes, it is just plug and go. If you leave the truck set for 3 days or more they recommend you unplug it. I just got 33's this week and the difference is like 3.5% and someone did the math and it's like 2.1 mph at 60 so really you're going 62.1 when it says 60. Not worth the extra expense in my opinion

I had it, gave mine to my dad. Yes, it is just plug and go. If you leave the truck set for 3 days or more they recommend you unplug it. I just got 33's this week and the difference is like 3.5% and someone did the math and it's like 2.1 mph at 60 so really you're going 62.1 when it says 60. Not worth the extra expense in my opinion

You had no issues with truck not staying in V8? I'm thinking about just buying a regular Borla exhaust and Range AFM so the truck stays in V8 mode all time. I just don't want to constantly be looking to make sure it's in V8 mode. :(

manually shift to 5 in town and just D on the road,had a range and it threw codes after 4 months, dealer had to remove them (said he had a hard time removing them) had already sent the range unit in 2 times for updates

You had no issues with truck not staying in V8? I'm thinking about just buying a regular Borla exhaust and Range AFM so the truck stays in V8 mode all time. I just don't want to constantly be looking to make sure it's in V8 mode. :(

No, no issues regarding v8. As another member said, I did have a few codes get thrown by it but they cleared after a week or so and never came back

No, no issues regarding v8. As another member said, I did have a few codes get thrown by it but they cleared after a week or so and never came back

I went ahead and ordered it from Range--they ship version 7 which apparently they say fixes all the code throws.

I got 30 days to give it a try and see how it works.

i looooovvveeee having the Range device i hate the v4. just leave it pluged in works like a charm. i went up north sledding the other day and the truck had sat for 3 straight days in 20 degrees. you could tell it drained the battery a little but it did start. next time i will just unplug and plug back in when i go to use it regularly again.

Range caused Stabitrac/Brake Assist Service lights to come on ,Range recommended a Hot Plug reset and Module quit working., Sent it back to be recalibrated and GM Tech was confused with no fault codes and disconnected battery for a couple hours. Service lights cleared and Module came back before Christmas with no problems since, just as mentioned unplug module if parked for awhile. :driving:

Archived