l83 turbo, no intercooler with e85?

Hey guys just thought I'd update this thread. Truck is about finished and ready for a tune just waiting on the weather to break by me and it's off to the dyno. Couple pics of how it's laid out.

We need a lot more pictures of everything.

We need a lot more pictures of everything.

Don't have any at the moment but it's pretty much the same as the past generation trucks. Literally the only thing different is the manifold flange. Not kidding, I cut up a log I made for a ls3 and welded on a new flange lol. But yes I need to post more pics, here's one of the log itself.

post-150876-0-55915500-1455225744_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Had a few set backs but finally had it on the dyno. On 5 psi it made 440 whp 470 wtq. All on 93 octane and 14 degrees timing. Still sorting some transmission bugs out but feels strong so far.

Trying to upload the video now it's to big to upload off my phone.

post-150876-0-56860800-1456975856_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update for anyone who cares. I now have just over 2k miles with the turbo. Truck is running great and is a blast to drive! Still on 5 psi and getting some minor issues worked out but for such low boost it is really a major difference. Not just wot either, passing power and towing are no longer an issue. From a dead stop theirs no need to build any boost as it makes full boost by 3000 rpm. Mpg are still the same and driving around town you wouldn't even know it was boosted! Once the weather breaks I'll be turning up the boost and taking it to the track and will update again with results.

Update for anyone who cares. I now have just over 2k miles with the turbo. Truck is running great and is a blast to drive! Still on 5 psi and getting some minor issues worked out but for such low boost it is really a major difference. Not just wot either, passing power and towing are no longer an issue. From a dead stop theirs no need to build any boost as it makes full boost by 3000 rpm. Mpg are still the same and driving around town you wouldn't even know it was boosted! Once the weather breaks I'll be turning up the boost and taking it to the track and will update again with results.

Thats awesome man!!

Think you will be hitting the limits of the fuel system around 8 or 9psi and probably have to get a custom grind cam to deliver more fuel.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

Thats awesome man!!

Think you will be hitting the limits of the fuel system around 8 or 9psi and probably have to get a custom grind cam to deliver more fuel.

Yeah we were thinking the same, but I guess theirs ways to get more fuel in through the tune. Right now the injectors are at 30% duty cycle. I'm still skeptical though I don't think it's going to handle much more either.

Yeah we were thinking the same, but I guess theirs ways to get more fuel in through the tune. Right now the injectors are at 30% duty cycle. I'm still skeptical though I don't think it's going to handle much more either.

I was picking my tuners brain and he says thats about the safe spot. 8 to 10 psi is what he is pushing on the 14s on a few turbo setups that he has done on stock internals.

I will be going the supercharger route hopefully in the summer. We will see how this new job pans out.

I was picking my tuners brain and he says thats about the safe spot. 8 to 10 psi is what he is pushing on the 14s on a few turbo setups that he has done on stock internals.

I will be going the supercharger route hopefully in the summer. We will see how this new job pans out.

Them pro chargers are sweet. I believe a guy on here who has a white 14 or 15 sierra rcsb made 470 whp with a tune that needed work still.

Them pro chargers are sweet. I believe a guy on here who has a white 14 or 15 sierra rcsb made 470 whp with a tune that needed work still.

Chuck from Houston House of Power was pushing 733hp with meth and a procharger.

Im leaning toward whipple personally.

Archived