Best aggressive looking winter/ all terrain tires.

My wife's SUV runs Blizzaks in winter, and while they are likely the best snow and ice tread out there, they tramline and wear fast on pavement. The soft compound and siping are great in winter conditions, less so on tarmack. We've run dedicated snows, studded snows, AT M&S rated in SUV's, trucks, AWD sedans.

The 1500 with Duratracs is by far the most planted vehicle on snow and ice I've driven. That's going back 25 years of chasing storms for powder skiing in Colorado and elsewhere. Meanwhile, they also have good pavement manners (slight hum), don't hydroplane on wet roads, handle OR, and have beefy construction for tow.

• 3 months later...

yall are late to the party... but I would recommend BFG KO/KO2s, or Goodyear Duratrac. Haven't had a hitch with either set of tires for years living in Atlantic Canada eh, we know our snow tires :driving:

• 2 years later...

I just put on 275/65r18 Duratracs because I wanted to avoid LT tires.  They do make a 285/65r18 Duratrac that's a D load LT tire which means slightly softer sidewalls and the ability to run a lower pressure than the standard E load.  They would work better with a lift, I'd think.

The 275/65/r18 look real good at stock height though.  As said, Midnight Editions came with Duratracs but a smaller 265/65r18.  I don't think this would fit well with a 2.5" level.  They're 31.5" tall vs my 275s 32.1

Edited by Yondu

I swapped for p275/55-20 duratracs with 200 miles on my 2017 SLT. Great tires, a tad noisy if you really pay close attention. Get them rotated every oil change and they will quiet down a bit. Ive had mine in a foot of snow, slick snot mud and lots of hot pavement. I also tow a travel trailer that is 6000 pounds loaded. I only got stuck once on a shaded muddy off camber road in november. When I came back to get my truck, there were three more trucks stuck in the same spot. It was slick that day! Ive been considering the new General Grabber ATX because I owned a few sets of AT2’s in the past and never had trouble. 

The duratracs are a solid choice in truly any terrain. Pricey but solid. 

Edited by Bikemobile

LTeddy, what size BFGs are you running on your truck? The look is perfect. Also any suspension modification? 
Hey these are 275/70 18 on that truck I had a 2 inch level on my new one no mods and they don't rub either so it's a perfect size to me!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk