Best aggressive looking winter/ all terrain tires.

I don't have much snow experience being from Arkansas but the two tires I have used are Cooper disc ST (snow rated and pre drilled for studs) and Hankook dynapro AT. The coopers were an excellent all around tire, being Commercial tread they were a cross between an MT/AT and tough. I even pulled a couple screws out of them with no loss of air. Never had any issues in snow with them. The Hankook were a better on road tire and got a little slick on muddy roads. But their snow traction surprised me. Drove to work one morning in a few inches of snow and was hitting the corners in the neighborhood hard and they stayed glued to the road. I know a few inches of snow isn't much but it never snows in Arkansas without sleet of freezing rain first. The roads get bad slick during any winter storm.

Duratracs are extreme duty rated for snow. And so far been great. So good in fact my brother got a set for his ford after seeing mine. It could only be better with a true snow tire and or studs!

3c1de90ba1e44a76fc57683ac05dbff1.jpg20770acb215c58dc5138b04f7ecdd5b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by TimmyG
  • Like 1

Duratracs are extreme duty rated for snow. And so far been great. So good in fact my brother got a set for his ford after seeing mine. It could only be better with a true snow tire and or studs!

3c1de90ba1e44a76fc57683ac05dbff1.jpg20770acb215c58dc5138b04f7ecdd5b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From what i have looked up the Duratrac IS a snow rated tire just like the BFG Ko2s..... A lot of trucks here at work run Duratracs and the bosses are having the ones that are worn replaced with Ko2s. My 2015 2500hd is at 45K and the Bridgestones are looking little worn in the back so maybe i can get some Ko2s and give them a thrasging. Because i am NOT easy on tires with my work truck.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

Duratracs!! Have them on my truck...

c44eab175b4e89fbe1da3dd6e3104b13.jpg

And my wife's 4Runner...

8c1f45330a35875c24ec60811883f269.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapa

What Size Lift & Tire/Rim combo are you running the truck looks sweet!

Another vote for the Duratracs.

LTeddy, Nice! What size are those? Stock? They only come in a ten ply right? How do you like the ride.

They are 275/70r18 with a 2 inch level! Yea they only come in 10 ply in this size.. Ride is great feels basically like stock I highly recommend it!

Life is full of regrets.. Buying bfgs isn't one of them!

• Like 3

What Size Lift & Tire/Rim combo are you running the truck looks sweet!

Another vote for the Duratracs.

Thanks! Truck has 2.25" Readylift. Method NV 17x8.5 0 offset. 285/70/17 Duratracs.

4Runner has 0-3" adjustable Icon Stage 1. Procomp 7032s 17x9 -6 offset. 285/70/17 Duratracs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of trucks here at work run Duratracs and the bosses are having the ones that are worn replaced with Ko2s.

Any reason given, or just an observation ??

Edited by xelli

And the reason is ??

I meant worn as in the stock tires from the 14s and 15s we have.... The older trucks have Duratracs and have 30ish thousand miles on them and they still look new.

But they buy whatever is on sale at the time. Hanjook dynapros are also on some of the trucks.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

Life is full of regrets.. Buying bfgs isn't one of them!

That's the truth! The only tire purchase I've ever regretted was when I cheaped out and didn't get bfg's on my '05 instead opting for some crappy courser mt's. There's a reason why BFG's are baja champions.

0109161440a_zpsxq4shicf.jpg

Edited by quail hound

I'm one of those guys that runs winter tires. However on my work truck I run all seasons with a leaning to the best winter tread I can find. The latest is a set of Hankook dynapro atm on the advice of my tire guy. They grip like crazy, I have to really try to break them loose on snow covered roads. We have had multiple freezing rain incidents this winter and they really surprised me on pure ice. They are way better than some of the other snowflake rated tires I had in the past like Nokian and wild country. I notice lots of other fleet and service trucks running them too.

• Like 1

I do a lot of different driving highway dirt roads fields and off roading. On my plow truck at work as 35x12x20 cooper discoverers stt pros on a f350 6.4 powerstroke has the manual tranny. I like them alot. Again I'm goung fir a little bigger tire than stock. Going for a 285x65x18. My choices for tires are the Cooper discoverer stt pro nitto terra Grapplers or the BFGs

Chalk up another vote for DuraTrac's (LT/E 275/70/18) - I've had mine on for the last 10,xxx miles with no issues and nice even wear. Road noise is definitely increasing with wear but nothing obnoxious. I run mine year round and have had them in all sorts of weather/terrain and have been happy.

Will the 275/70r18 fit under a 15 chevy 1500 with level kit without cutting involved?

Running Cooper Discover ATP's in 275/65/18... The tread is aggressive but, the side wall not so much... Only had em for a few days but, we've had some snow and rain since then and so far they're pretty nice but, I've never run and AT tire before.