3/4 ton cab lights

Put a set of recon smoked on my 15 2500hd and it was a joke for wiring,can't splice into the parking lights in the fuse boxes at all. Because it's all run by the body control mod.. So it wasn't easy so I just spliced it to the parking lights wire from the head light, so they don't work with my key fob but they work with the lights. Any suggestions on how to make them work ??? But overall they are bad ass I'll post pics soon

Put a set of recon smoked on my 15 2500hd and it was a joke for wiring,can't splice into the parking lights in the fuse boxes at all. Because it's all run by the body control mod.. So it wasn't easy so I just spliced it to the parking lights wire from the head light, so they don't work with my key fob but they work with the lights. Any suggestions on how to make them work ??? But overall they are bad ass I'll post pics soon

I don't understand what you mean by not working with the key fob but work with the lights. Do they work with just the parking lights on when you select it on the dash knob? I hope you didn't tap into the parking light/ blinker (blinking cab lights). I have installed many of those for friends of mine and that's all I did was tap into the parking lights.

Did you get the LED set or just the regular set with the bulbs? The reason I ask is the 1st set I installed (recon) on my 2001 that I had the bulbs didn't last long at all maybe 2-3 months and had to take them back off and replace with good brand name bulbs and never had them burn out, so every set I installed on different vehicles I replaced the bulbs with good brand name bulbs then installed them and never had a problem.

No they work perfect they just don't work with my key fog when u hit it they don't flash but they work with the light functions as they should because In order to make me come on with the key fob I have to figure out what wire that is on the body control module. So I spliced them to the parking light wire off the headlight and no they don't flash from the blinker. It's not easy as the older gm trucks because this truck didn't have them form the factory to start. The fuses in the blocks have power all the time for the wires to splice into such as the parking lights it's the bcm that controls that function

• 3 weeks later...

id like to see the pics also when you can , how was the install with taking out the roof console and visors ? a dealer locally sells the recons but if you go to recon website you can get lights and wiring harness for about $100 cheaper than my local truck accessory store. p.S. I just read where you didn't use the harness you spliced into some wires. If you had the harness would it of changed your mind with all the dis assemble needed ? thanks

Sorry guys false alarm the cab lights work with the key fab when it is dark out but they don't come on in the daylight with the fab bc it doesn't call for the lights so they work great lol. I'll post pics this weekend :)

I used the recon harness I just spliced it into my parking light wire off the headlight because it's not in the fuse panels in the truck but it was a decent install about 4 hrs because we took our time and measured off a new truck to get the oem spots on the roof.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived