Best Performance Cam?

Looking to cam my 6.2 V8 Silverado. Which is the best cam to go with? I know its a very broad question but what I'm looking for is all the power (mainly mid/high range) while keeping the noise to a minimum at idle (I know ironic, sorry :uhoh::uhoh:). The truck is already loud enough so I would like it to somewhat stay the same at idle without all the loud hectic looping. Also would like to know what the chances are of me busting anything after the cam swap.

If y'all could share the experiences with different cam swaps and how y'all like them that'd be great.

Cheers :driving:

^^^^???

OP:

Not a lot of cams are available for our trucks. I do know that CompCams has some for ours but its very few people that are willing to take that step on such a new engine. My tuner has a custom grind cam and makes grate power on his 5.3. I think before he put the procharger on his he dynoed something just a pinch above 400rwhp on a 5.3.....now I don't know id he is offering this as a package deal or what the news is on that but i can tell u i have only seen 1 6.2 with an agressive cam and nitrous.

The Stage 1 with a tighter Lobe Separation Angle and shorter duration will provide more low end torque where the more duration, wider LSA will provide more midrange and peak torque. Longer duration and wider lsa will provide more lope at idle. I certainly wouldn't consider .553 lift "low lift" but does keep it within the spring and pushrod rate of the new trucks' top end components

Archived