Victory red vinyl wrap

I thought i'd tune in on this. My trucks not victory red but I did end up vinyl wrapping my grill. It looks and turned out good and everything but my only complaint is that it chips very easily. If you end up vinyl wrapping your grill put the 3m shield or something like that on it. I ended up just taking mine off and I'm getting my mirrors and grill painted to match right now. Then I'm going to put the 3m defender spray film on it to protect it from chips. Heres a picture of when it was vinyl wrapped.

post-151963-0-99218300-1452211128_thumb.jpg

I went with plastidip my grill and headlights, I've used Vinyl Wraps before and they chip (also bought a cheap one from ebay rather than 3M). I put on 8 coats of plastiDip and 3 coats of Glossifier, no chip yet on the grill but my windshield have 4 cracks in the last 2 months.

I went with plastidip my grill and headlights, I've used Vinyl Wraps before and they chip (also bought a cheap one from ebay rather than 3M). I put on 8 coats of plastiDip and 3 coats of Glossifier, no chip yet on the grill but my windshield have 4 cracks in the last 2 months.

Is your ref and Any pictures

I thought i'd tune in on this. My trucks not victory red but I did end up vinyl wrapping my grill. It looks and turned out good and everything but my only complaint is that it chips very easily. If you end up vinyl wrapping your grill put the 3m shield or something like that on it. I ended up just taking mine off and I'm getting my mirrors and grill painted to match right now. Then I'm going to put the 3m defender spray film on it to protect it from chips. Heres a picture of when it was vinyl wrapped.

Search the 3m defender sparty film on f150 forums, I did a write up, I'd steer clear if I were you.

Search the 3m defender sparty film on f150 forums, I did a write up, I'd steer clear if I were you.

You're right about that. I did quite a bit of research after posting a forum about it to see what people have experienced with it and got nothing but negative reviews. Ended up returning it and just spending the money on a Xpel bra for my grill and mirrors. I posted that comment before I found out about all the terrible reviews.

Archived