Just installed my BAK Revolver X2

Great topic, I was considering one of these also and was worried about noise on the interstate and being able to hear it with a regular cab.

But from reading all the reviews it sounds like it is pretty solid at interstate speed !

I do have a question for everyone that has these covers.

Do you use 303 Protectant on it....and if you do......After it rains does it wash any of the 303 down the sides of the truck bed ?

With a black truck that would show terrible I know.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reply, that was a big concern of mine with a vinyl topped cover.

No problem...it seems to be somewhat absorbed into the vinyl after I apply it...I spray it on and use a rag to smooth it out...after a res minutes, it doesn't even smear when touched.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a question for you or anyone else with a Revolver X2.....At the rear of the cover on the drivers side I have about 1/8" clearance between the (vinyl part) cover and the tail gate.....on the passenger side it pretty much rests on the tailgate.

Which side is correct ?.....1/8" is not a ton of difference I'd just like to know what is right.

Just wondering how the others fit ?

26844574742_ba582410df_z.jpg

26333406324_43068e3d39_z.jpg

I've got a question for you or anyone else with a Revolver X2.....At the rear of the cover on the drivers side I have about 1/8" clearance between the (vinyl part) cover and the tail gate.....on the passenger side it pretty much rests on the tailgate.

Which side is correct ?.....1/8" is not a ton of difference I'd just like to know what is right.

My right side is the same as yours, but my left is so low that it actually scrapes the tailgate cap.

My right side is the same as yours, but my left is so low that it actually scrapes the tailgate cap.

Appreciate the reply !

There seems to be a little differences here and there for sure.

You could do what I'm going to do on my right side and use some Teflon tape on the underside the cover.....it is super slick and would let the tailgate slide up under it easy and it would protect the cover from getting rubbed too.

On Amazon it is called this.....but it is basically tape made from Teflon.

Maxi 115-0012 Gray PTFE Film with Silicone Adhesive, No Liner, 36 Yards Length, 1/2" Width, 3" Core

Appreciate the reply !

There seems to be a little differences here and there for sure.

You could do what I'm going to do on my right side and use some Teflon tape on the underside the cover.....it is super slick and would let the tailgate slide up under it easy and it would protect the cover from getting rubbed too.

On Amazon it is called this.....but it is basically tape made from Teflon.

Maxi 115-0012 Gray PTFE Film with Silicone Adhesive, No Liner, 36 Yards Length, 1/2" Width, 3" Core

Thanks for the info!

Mine does this too!

Added one of these last summer on the advice of a friend.

Love the cover and it's low profile/ durability. I plan on tinkering with it one of these days to see if I can fully seal it up. It keeps the majority of water out but isn't quite water tight as I'd like. I bought a couple different types of weather stripping to play around with.

If I had the choice, I'd buy this cover again. Great cover!

d3cff57c-5834-44f9-9fe5-c8b7582b1187_zps

Mine does this too!

Added one of these last summer on the advice of a friend.

Love the cover and it's low profile/ durability. I plan on tinkering with it one of these days to see if I can fully seal it up. It keeps the majority of water out but isn't quite water tight as I'd like. I bought a couple different types of weather stripping to play around with.

If I had the choice, I'd buy this cover again. Great cover!

d3cff57c-5834-44f9-9fe5-c8b7582b1187_zps

I'm with you.....this is a fantastic cover and I'm really happy with it....it's hard to get anything 100% right down to the 1/8" inch sometimes.

Glad to hear it still seals out the water pretty good even with the back not totally right, I haven't had mine in the rain yet.

Archived