2015 all terrain 5.3 trc off but still feeling on

Anyone else have this I turn the trc off because we got some snow and I wanted to have some fun but when you give it gas still feels like it's holding back and you feel it in the pedal like the trc is on also a few times the light would flash that it's holding back like it's on even though it's off what's the deal is this common or do I go get it looked at?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

What you might be feeling is that stabilitrac for when you are getting sideways it takes away power. To turn it off you have to hold traction control for 10 seconds and it will turn both off but once you hit 34 or around that speed it kicks back on.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

No unfortunately GM's system automatically re engages at 35MPH (56KMH) so basically as soon as you start to spin the wheels they exceed 35 and then the stabilitrack kicks back in, however traction control remains off at any speed until you turn it back on.

Only way to disable it completely would be to remove the fuse which would trigger a plethora of dash warning lights and chimes lol

Guess GM figured we can no longer be trusted to pilot a truck with a locking diff and no electronic nannies

You have to hold the traction control button for like 10 seconds to totally disable traction control and stabilitrac. But like True North Truckin stated, the stabilitrac system comes back on automatically at 35 mph.

There is two ways:

1- Hold for 10 seconds the Traction OFF button.

2- Open your hood and remove the traction fuse from the fuse box.

I do the first step when I don't need it to be OFF for a long time. the second step is when off roading for a long time. BTW I guess it is called ABS fuse.

BTW behind the fuse box cover, you will find list, search for ABS and remove it.

but it is not recommended to drive with it removed because if you needed to brake harshly, you maybe will not be able to manoeuvre the steering

Archived