2016 running boards steps retrofit for 14-15

I am assuming I am not the only one who likes the new tilting and auto running boards....

Found a few mentions and discussions but no specific thread. If their already is one please post the web link. If not then please post information as it becomes available.

Thanks.

post-42817-0-00279900-1444230645_thumb.png

They're pletty slick, but I think I would rather have the thinner Amp running boards.

I also cant imagine GM redesigning running board mount locations on the 2016 for the running boards (have been the same since gmt900's). If they're designing the running boards from the ground up it would be smarted to design them to utilize the current holes. They should bolt right on. The wiring may be more difficult to figure out.

I'm confused as to why they made these so darn complicated. Why didn't they just make the boards longer so that they ALWAYS reach to the rear wheel and to the front? Seems like they made it more complex than it needed to be.

looks very odd. Im happy with my AMP boards. If I need to get into the bed I just step ontop the tire. But I'm in for the responses cause I haven't seen the 16 running boards yet

thought they were just like the amps but apparently not

Can you get AMP steps that go all the way to the rear tire?

Nope. And for the Double Cab, they use the Crew Cab length and cut them down. AMP says the position of the supports on the Double Cab won't properly support the weight offset if left long and they won't reach anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived