New BF Goodrich A/T TA KO2

wkammerer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally upgraded the tires today and went with the BFG A/T KO2s 285/65R18 with the raised white letters. I was worried I would't like the white letters, but now I'm glad I went with those. Tell me what you guys think!

Looks great, My dad always liked the white letters outwards. So growing up, I have always had the white letters outward too

I dig the white lettering. I had OWL on my duelers and it looked great.

^

• 3 weeks later...

Finally upgraded the tires today and went with the BFG A/T KO2s 285/65R18 with the raised white letters. I was worried I would't like the white letters, but now I'm glad I went with those. Tell me what you guys think!

Did you dip your wheels? That looks good. What color is that?

OP tires look great!

my personal opinion is the OWL looks good at first but unless you really take care of them (even still) after a while they start to look bad. very hard to keep them "white" after a while they will turn a white / brown due to all the road dirt / mud / rain / tire shine etc.

Some dawn dish soap solves this problem

I am looking at getting the 275/60 20 for my 15 Silverado. I have the 2.5" procomp level for the front. I was wondering if anyone knew how tall that would make the truck. I am not trying to go over or near 7 feet. thanks for your help.

I just got my ko2 tires in and love them and put some new wheels on at the same time b1a39af26cdd649497bc4b210d8a6a95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

What wheels/tires/level do you have? Like the new trend of old school fat sidewalls. Have you noticed any ill handling because of it? I've never driven a truck with that wheel/tire combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What wheels/tires/level do you have? Like the new trend of old school fat sidewalls. Have you noticed any ill handling because of it? I've never driven a truck with that wheel/tire combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running a 285/65/18, I'm in Canada and my truck rides great with these tires they are quite amazing in mud and snow iv driven threw 3 feet of snow no issues plowed threw like a champ did not hesitate or get stuck once. As for wheels I have pro comp wheels 34 series and they are an 18 /9 with a 0 offset. If you care about mpg yes it will go down a bit with these tires but get a Diablo tuner and adjust the dic for the tire size and that clears that up. As far as summer driving they don't grab ruts in the road and runs a straight path I have a 2.5 level and a 3/4 in the rear with this level not sure of brand because dealer installed when I got my truck. Here's a few more shots I have just for reference. Also should mention I have the gator back mud flaps and due to how they are mounted in full lock in reverse the catch the flap and rub slightly easy fix I'm just not Concerned about it LOL

8b5ea2b0c22f9a1d9ba890c1af31f578.jpgbfae5b58ba669557e90d2ef8ea9637de.jpge3f39f8ee8fecc670e9959b69dec1d7b.jpg20bb5a391ba849b7f9ddf4f3ef09e781.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I think most dealers use the brand daystar for level kits. could be wrong though. but your truck looks great. I can't wait to get my tires tomorrow. I am still a little concerned about the height of the truck after I get them put on. I have a 2.5 level for the front and putting 33's on will raise it up another 3 or 4 inches.

I'm running a 285/65/18, I'm in Canada and my truck rides great with these tires they are quite amazing in mud and snow iv driven threw 3 feet of snow no issues plowed threw like a champ did not hesitate or get stuck once. As for wheels I have pro comp wheels 34 series and they are an 18 /9 with a 0 offset. If you care about mpg yes it will go down a bit with these tires but get a Diablo tuner and adjust the dic for the tire size and that clears that up. As far as summer driving they don't grab ruts in the road and runs a straight path I have a 2.5 level and a 3/4 in the rear with this level not sure of brand because dealer installed when I got my truck. Here's a few more shots I have just for reference. Also should mention I have the gator back mud flaps and due to how they are mounted in full lock in reverse the catch the flap and rub slightly easy fix I'm just not Concerned about it LOL

20bb5a391ba849b7f9ddf4f3ef09e781.jpg

I'm planning on the Gator Back mudflaps, but I'll be upgrading to 5100 fronts and a slightly taller block in the rear with 5100 rears.

What exactly is your suspension setup? It'll be a taller tire so I should be fine, just wanting to make sure...

I am surprised by the number of people speaking favourably about white lettering. Maybe white wall tires will come back! I am considering these tires partially because they are available in BSW in the size that I want. I am wondering about the noise level increase over the oem Bridgestone highway tires. I do a lot of highway driving and prefer a quiet ride. Is the noise of these tires significantly higher than a highway tread?

I'm planning on the Gator Back mudflaps, but I'll be upgrading to 5100 fronts and a slightly taller block in the rear with 5100 rears.

What exactly is your suspension setup? It'll be a taller tire so I should be fine, just wanting to make sure...

I listed my suspension it's a 2.5" front level and rear is 3/4" raised

8b5ea2b0c22f9a1d9ba890c1af31f578.jpgbfae5b58ba669557e90d2ef8ea9637de.jpge3f39f8ee8fecc670e9959b69dec1d7b.jpg20bb5a391ba849b7f9ddf4f3ef09e781.jpg

looks good. with your 285/65/18 - level kit = will it clear parking ramps 6'8" . how tall is your truck , before I buy new tires ????? Thanks

Archived