New BF Goodrich A/T TA KO2

wkammerer

I'm interested in what you did to your wheels to change the color.

They're saying that if you get the white lettering muddy/dirty, it'll stain the white and make it brown and blotchy. So they're harder to keep clean. Running them through your local car wash will not brighten them back up. You'll need to give them a little extra attention. I recommend Comet powder cleaner - it has bleach and works wonders on the white lettering. I follow up with Armor All.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comet and a stiff brush will keep them white as new. It has bleach in it and works great. The only thing I don't like is that a scratch on the black sidewall will sometimes show white through from underneath. You could probably use a sharpie or some type of touch up paint for that though.

you have to do some serious curb checking to have white show up.

My local car washes pre soak takes the stains off of white letter tires. It's the first place I have ever gone too where it also peels road film off the paint unlike most hot water pressure washers. With that in mind I don't mind the white letter out as its easy to take care of.

But... my new KO2s I get in the next couple days will likely be white letter in anyway lol.

Sent from my potato

Do you mind telling me what the actual height of your tire is on your truck? I've heard that the KO2's tend to run smaller than their listed size.

I don't think it's that they run smaller than their listed size, they run smaller than their calculated size. For instance, a 275/60R20 tire should be 33" tall, but the T/A KO2 is listed as 32.9 inches. Their Rugged Terrain in the same size is listed as 33" exactly. Their website has the actual tires specs which should be accurate.

you have to do some serious curb checking to have white show up.

True, but I wasn't talking about curbs. I was assuming that people were taking their AT tires off-road. Sharp rocks will do it very easily, even some tree branches or roots. Not the most common of things, but it's happened to me on more than one occasion.

They're saying that if you get the white lettering muddy/dirty, it'll stain the white and make it brown and blotchy. So they're harder to keep clean. Running them through your local car wash will not brighten them back up. You'll need to give them a little extra attention. I recommend Comet powder cleaner - it has bleach and works wonders on the white lettering. I follow up with Armor All.

Re-read. I'm asking about his wheels, not tires. The wheels look like a darker gunmetal than mine do. Wanting to know what he did.

I use a little wesleys bleche white cleaner and a hard bristle brush like the old style ones used to clean white wall tires. Gets the letters looking brand new every time. Only thing I would note is with painted rims like mine I would make sure to wash any over spray off afterwards so it doesn't damage the clear.

I don't think it's that they run smaller than their listed size, they run smaller than their calculated size. For instance, a 275/60R20 tire should be 33" tall, but the T/A KO2 is listed as 32.9 inches. Their Rugged Terrain in the same size is listed as 33" exactly. Their website has the actual tires specs which should be accurate.

Correct, I meant to say they run smaller than calculated size. This is what I'm looking for. Real height dimensions on the truck rather than just assuming they are 33" or 32.9" tall.

Finally upgraded the tires today and went with the BFG A/T KO2s 285/65R18 with the raised white letters. I was worried I would't like the white letters, but now I'm glad I went with those. Tell me what you guys think!

what did you do to your rims to get this color? looks sick!

They come from the factory in that grey/gunmetal color. There aren't a ton of them, but I have see a few sets on ebay and craigslist.

Archived