Aftermarket exhaust / Warranty impact?

Darn - I did not think through the drone/helicopter effect with Corsa! Just received it via UPS yesterday - opened it up - very high quality build. Can't wait to install it along with my new Volant Cold Air Intake - but will need to come with an AFM delete option. Either purchase the Range AFM for $189 on Amazon or schedule a tune with Bear when they are in Atlanta in a couple weeks.

My worry there is that I may have warranty issues if something comes up and I need to take it into the dealer as wont the Bear tune void my warranty?

Darn - I did not think through the drone/helicopter effect with Corsa! Just received it via UPS yesterday - opened it up - very high quality build. Can't wait to install it along with my new Volant Cold Air Intake - but will need to come with an AFM delete option. Either purchase the Range AFM for $189 on Amazon or schedule a tune with Bear when they are in Atlanta in a couple weeks.

My worry there is that I may have warranty issues if something comes up and I need to take it into the dealer as wont the Bear tune void my warranty?

Range will not affect warranty. Other tunes MAY affect warranty if an issue arises that is determined to be caused by the tune. Biggest issue is if you need to take the tune back to factory if you take it into dealer and they need to update software for any reason. Not really an issue, just something to be aware of and prepared to do.

In other words, before you take it into dealer, reload factory tune, let them update whatever is needed, then load the custom tune back in.

Thank you for the advice - so other than Black Bear - what else is out there that Sierra / Silverado owners or using?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the borla system with two pipes out the back. It gave it a nice growl kinda throaty. It's not too loud, when you step on it where it really sounds good ✌?️

UPDATE: I had to remove the CAI. it became a real pain in the ass at highway speeds - slightest tough to the accelerator pedal would cause that unnatural growl under the hood - so my Volant CAI is for sale!

the Corsa exhaust is awsome but the AFM is annoying as crap. Helicoptor sound at low rpms' and in between shifts. really exploits the crappy shift points that come stock with GM's settings.

If I were to do it all over again I would go with the GM Borla with the flapper - never heard it or driven it. Anyone care to comment?

Love the quality of Corsa - tips are awesome and sound is great. Downside is that it only sounds great when in M mode shifing through manually. In automatic the drone and copter sound sucks. A tune would fix everything bust jeprodize my warranty on my $62K ride ...

Sounds like you in the same boat as me. I had a dynomax vt on mine but couldn't stand the v4 mode either so went back to stock. I guess I am gonna stay stock till the the 5 year warranty runs out and if I still have the truck then I will disable V4 and put what ever exhaust I want on it. It is a hard pill to swallow for me since I have had and aftermarket exhaust on every truck and motorcycle I have ever owned but I knew this may be the case before I bought the truck so it is what it is.

UPDATE: I had to remove the CAI. it became a real pain in the ass at highway speeds - slightest tough to the accelerator pedal would cause that unnatural growl under the hood - so my Volant CAI is for sale!

the Corsa exhaust is awsome but the AFM is annoying as crap. Helicoptor sound at low rpms' and in between shifts. really exploits the crappy shift points that come stock with GM's settings.

If I were to do it all over again I would go with the GM Borla with the flapper - never heard it or driven it. Anyone care to comment?

Love the quality of Corsa - tips are awesome and sound is great. Downside is that it only sounds great when in M mode shifing through manually. In automatic the drone and copter sound sucks. A tune would fix everything bust jeprodize my warranty on my $62K ride ...

I had the same issues. Returned the Volant and used my son's Range to turn off AFM. But the Corsa was still too loud for me. Sold the Corsa and now run the GM Borla. It's just right. AFM is barely noticeable now, but I liked the way the truck ran without the AFM and after it ran my battery down, I used a Diablo tuner to turn off AFM (if you leave the Range plugged in too long without starting the truck, it will run the battery down).

David

I own a 15 Sierra Denali 5.3L 4x4 CC. I want to mod my exhaust system but I'm doing my hw first.. I've read several thread and had some conversation with a couple.. How would a "Range AFM delete" work compared to a tuner? Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SG Note 4 on Tapatalk

Archived