Do You Want Your Truck To Have Automated Braking?

Gorehamj

That's the issue. These safety systems are half baked. Either in Road and Track or Car and Driver one editor wrote about one of these self braking systems going into a full on panic stop in bad weather. Thankfully there was no traffic but can you imagine that in a busy area? This half assed safety stuff is going to kill someone.

Not in favor of this type of stuff but, Might keep the *&%$#&* tailgaters off ones ass. I drive a two lane a lot. Heavily patrolled by county and state. 5 over is all I will do. In my truck most stay back. in my car the trucks and small cars are on my ass. They will not pass but stay right there. That is when we all do the coast down. I have come to a complete stop and still will not pass. So this auto breaking with no turn off might be a blessing.

It looks good on paper, should lower car accidents, but it's not that simple. In order for this to work, ALL cars should have this system. Since you could still have an older car behind you, which doesn't give a f*ck if your car is automatically stopping.

Hopefully the driver is payong attention. But your arguement is what's being used against self driving cars also.

Archived