2015 Sierra

My salesman would have let me drive every truck in the lot if I wanted. Drive a few, don't buy till you are satisfied.

I'm not saying that vibrations haven't been an issue but it's pretty isolated compared to what's been sold. The ones that are experiencing issues are vocal and I don't blame them.

With that being said, I have had a 14 Silvy LT 5.3 without issue and now a 15 LTZ 6.2 that I couldn't be happier with.

Good luck

Sent from Off Driller Side

I'm from British Columbia, Canada and recently joined this site because, in April, I bought a 2015 Sierra All Terrain Z71 that had a vibration from the get go. It was my 4th consecutive new GM truck and I did not think I needed to bother with a test drive (mistake). On the way home from the dealership, I felt the vibration in the steering wheel around the 70 kmh (43.5 mph) range; something I'd never experienced with the previous trucks...or any other brand new vehicle. I returned to the dealership the next day, which began a whole gamut of explanations over the next number of months: just the feel of the road: tires out of balance; sensors adjusting to my driving style (give it time); stiff suspension – load it up and drive it around to soften it. Eventually in early August, the problem was discovered. One or both of the rear differential pinion and crown gears were out of round. There was a black and white/immediate difference once that was fixed. I wanted to share my experience to inform others that there can be a “genuine” manufacturing problem and you do need to be persistent, as the dealerships are all primed very well on being courteous, etc. but you need determination and patience to move past being viewed as a picky customer to one with a legitimate problem. It helped that I had not informed a couple of other people about my concern and, when I let them drive the truck, they noticed the vibration.

My Old mans 03 suburban took a s*** on him and he is looking for a new Silverado. He told me what he was looking for and I told him the issues I have read about on here along with my own personal experience with my truck(Great other then some Pandora issues and I hate these Goodyears). He asked me If I would help him with the test drives, So we set off driving 8 Silverado's 6 1500's and 2 2500's all of which were vibration free and smooth driving with the exception of a plastic burning smell on one of the 2500's that went away after it hit the 10 mile mark.

By the way after that long day the cheap Sob wanted to go home and sleep on the offerings lol, He is smart when it comes to these things and He will get a great deal and exactly what he wants because he's stubborn.

I want to trade in my 2012 Silverado. It has never been as good as my 2005. And I always found the brakes weird. So my question is this. What can I do to limit my chances from getting a 2015 that has vibration issues? I'm guessing that after all the trucks sold the last two years, that I have a fairly small chance of getting a truck with it. I would suspect this forum would be plastered with more complaints. There are so many threads around I'm not sure if this issue has ever been solved?

Thanks!

Glenn

I bought my Silverado LTZ 4wd in November of '13. I test drove it up to 80 mph it was smooth as silk. It's the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. I know the vibration issue is real in a few trucks. Some people blame the Goodyear tires, some blame the driveshaft, now I hear there is a problem with the differentials in a few trucks causing vibration. Like others have said I'd drive the truck up to 80 mph and it it doesn't vibrate it's probably a good one.

The first thing you can do is stop reading all the complaints on the Internet and thinking they're gospel. People are something like 7 times more likely to speak up when something is wrong than if not. And the threads on here that go on for pages are largely the same small group of people posting over and over in the thread.

TRUE - you have to remember their are millions of these trucks on the road. The large majority are fine. A few thousand people complaining on the internet is a very small majority.

I purchased a 2015 Silverado LTZ last month withe 5.3 v8 in 2wd.

I didn't know anything about driver alert package but I've come to rely on it.

The truck drives so smooth that without setting a speed limit alarm I don't notice myself speeding otherwise.

No vibrations or shifting issues here.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had 2 Sierras so far, a '14 and a '15. Both crew cab z71's. Neither of these trucks have the vibration issues. I wasn't even sure what it would feel like. HOWEVER... last week I had a 2015 Silvy CC 2wd as a service loaner. All I can say is, "Holy rolling vibrators, Batman!" It was pronounced. I feel sorry for whoever ends up with that truck! It was right in the sweet spot, too. That 65-75 mph zone. I had to run 60 or 80 on the highway to prevent it. Got a damn speeding ticket too, trying to stay out of the Vibro-Zone. It was CONSISTENT too. So there was no way to miss it on a highway test drive.

Just test drive it on the highway. Run it up to 75 and fluctuate up and down 5mph. If no vibration, you're good.

• 2 weeks later...

Also this is a Z71 truck, Is there a big difference is quality of ride? I don't really need the Z71 it just happens to be the one I like on the lot.

I have a 15 Z71. Have 6,000 miles on it. Love it everything about it. It does ride a bit rough on various sections of the freeway, usually those that are concrete that has the wave pattern to it, but only in some areas. Don't know why this is, but i find that even other vehicles have similar problems in the same areas.

Don't have a previous silvy to compare it to unless you want to count my hubby's 66 S-20 which has a manual trans. . That ugly thing is a gas hog, plus it can't haul or pull as much as my new one.

Archived