2015 Sierra

I want to trade in my 2012 Silverado. It has never been as good as my 2005. And I always found the brakes weird. So my question is this. What can I do to limit my chances from getting a 2015 that has vibration issues? I'm guessing that after all the trucks sold the last two years, that I have a fairly small chance of getting a truck with it. I would suspect this forum would be plastered with more complaints. There are so many threads around I'm not sure if this issue has ever been solved?

Thanks!

Glenn

I have one of the early build 2014 Silverado LTZ 2WD Double Cabs - absolutely no issues with vibration. My dealer service fixed HVAC light issues and software updates for my radio and HVAC where there were bulletins / recalls. And I changed some things (tires from stock Continentals to Michelins and shocks to Bilstein) just because I wanted to make it "mine" along with other mods.

I didn't need either Z71 or 4 wheel drive, but I drove several trucks before buying mine. I did notice a difference in the ride and steering between the LTZ Z71 and LTZ 2WD and decided that I liked ride of the 2WD better (and the price).

My advice would be to pick a few that are close to what you want and drive them. Make sure you take it on a bumpy road as well as highway (around here I could take it up to 80MPH speed limit on the highway). And make sure whichever model you choose (SC, DC or CC) is what you want - there have been several who bought the DC and their kids didn't fit well, so they later moved to a CC. And then when you buy, look it over really good.

By the way, my dealer service manager told me a few weeks ago that GM does have a protocol they are to follow for the vibration issue, but it involves lots of steps and takes a lot of time to eliminate the suspected areas. So, they recognize there is an issue. My service guy just happens to be one of the good guys who will keep working on it, but they have to follow GM process on warranty stuff.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

I've had three of these trucks so far. I haven't had the vibration issues with any of them. I have had some small issues though. My Silverado had radio reception issues (fixed by software update) and my Sierra SLT had the dash 'pops' and both had the clunky, crappy shifting six speed auto. With that said, I liked them enough to keep coming back. The vibrations seem to happen most commonly around 70-72 MPH. So, I'd recommend taking the truck you plan on buying out on the highway and getting it up to that speed for a sustained period of time.

The first thing you can do is stop reading all the complaints on the Internet and thinking they're gospel. People are something like 7 times more likely to speak up when something is wrong than if not. And the threads on here that go on for pages are largely the same small group of people posting over and over in the thread. I personally know others with a version of these trucks and zero issues there either. I had a lengthy conversation with the Sales -and- Service departments of two different dealerships in my area and neither has heard of it.

I had a 2015 Sierra SLE for six months that was always butter smooth up to 9300 miles. I just traded it for a '15 Silverado LT (went from Double Cab to Crew Cab). The Silverado has a little less "buttery smoothness" to it, and I attribute that to the specific tires. Neither was a Z71.

As for the Z71 and its ride quality, I noticed a difference within 500 feet of the test drive. I -wanted- the smooth ride, so I skipped the Z71 package on the Sierra immediately. What I have now in the Silverado, with these stiffer tires, is very similar to what the Sierra Z71 felt like to me.

Bought a 2wd Silverado a few weeks ago. Took it on an extended test drive. Got it on the freeway and paid close attention at 70-75. Didn't feel what

some experienced here in their complaints. Rode pretty smooth I must say. Hope that doesn't change. Good luck in your search!

Archived