iPhone not connecting with GMC IntelliLink, please help

Due to programming on the iPhone you cannot reply to txts from the truck's display. You can however hold down the voice command button on the steering wheel until SIRI comes on and ask her to reply to the txt

Okay great thanks

• 1 year later...

I have a 2015 GMC paired up to an iPhone 6. The problem I'm having is when I make a call sometimes it comes through on my phone, not the truck speakers. When this happens I press "handset" on the lower right side of the screen to reveal "handsfree" and then the truck speakers work. Bluetooth is connected and I have the Call Audio Routing on the phone set to "Bluetooth Headset"

Any ideas?

• 2 years later...
15 hours ago, mapotter61 said:

I have a 2019 iPhone XR can't connect to gmc intellink I have blue tooth on  I'm very discourage had a cheap Samsung s3 and was able to link it what is wrong , 

Your problem:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3xsEjgvwWZ2ARgN8dMnC

Your solution:  https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/galaxy-s/galaxy-s10-plus-128gb-unlocked-sm-g975uzbaxaa/

I used iOS products early on when Android just wasn't up to par.  Things have changed years ago.  Less reliability in hardware/software and charging more for less features.  Oddly enough, bluetooth issues on 3 different iPhone 6+ units caused me and my wife to dump all things iOS.

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra pick up. I found my iphone 5 se wouldn't connect to projection/apple car play when connected via iphone cord to usb. I called this number 855-478-7767 and they told me iPhone 5 is not compatible with this year Intellalink even though it has the latest apple update installed on the phone.  That sucks for me because I really like my iPhone 5 and don't want to upgrade at this moment. But if anyone know a work around Id love to hear it. 

I do IT for a hospital and we have more problems with iOS than anything else.  Its a terrible operating system in all regards, especially in corporate environments.  While Android isn't perfect by any means, I tell every doctor and executive to get rid of their iphones and get a good Android whenever they have issues.  Those that listen are amazed at how they no longer need to call the help desk for support every other week on their iphones because their email stopped working again.  And I'm not even going to get started on the issues with our corporate security software on the iphones.

• 1 year later...