iPhone not connecting with GMC IntelliLink, please help

When I try to pair my iphone to my truck, my phone says:

"Connection Unsuccessful, make sure GMC IntelliLink is turned on and in range."

As far as I can tell, it's turned on and I'm sitting in the truck when I try and pair my phone so range should not be an issue. Bluetooth is turned on on my phone, so I'm lost on what to do.

I've also read that there is a way to display the text messages you get on the main gauge display, how would I do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My iPhone does that sometimes as well. It isn't the truck it's the prone. Cause when that happens I do a quick reset on the phone and it connects right away.

This is correct. If it has been paired before, try deleting the phone from the truck and repair it. If that doesn't work then you may want to take your phone to an Apple store and have them reset your iOS.

I would first, delete the phone from the truck, then turn the phone off, turn it back on again...then re-pair the two.

The old, turn it off, turn it back on again...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I've tried deleting the phone from the truck and then trying to re connect, but that's a no go. I'll try turning the phone off and then back on and see what it does.

Here's a more detailed process to follow:

- Turn on truck, delete phone, turn off truck, open driver's door

- On the iPhone, delete the truck

- On the iPhone, hold the home button and the lock button until the phone resets itself. This will clear all of your Wi-Fi connections as well, so be aware that you'll have to set them back up.

- Once the phone powers back on, re-pair it with the truck

As far as displaying messages - you'll need Notifications turned on on the phone, turned on in the truck, and the option enabled on the Bluetooth profile in the phone (you can enable this AFTER pairing it to the truck and disconnecting it). You will also need to have Notifications turned on on the lock screen for the phone. It's all in the details.

As far as displaying messages - you'll need Notifications turned on on the phone, turned on in the truck, and the option enabled on the Bluetooth profile in the phone (you can enable this AFTER pairing it to the truck and disconnecting it). You will also need to have Notifications turned on on the lock screen for the phone. It's all in the details.

Thank you so much!

I ended up having to go to Apple and they found some sort of error in the bluetooth. Regardless, it works great now.

Thanks again for the help guys.

If you plug the phone in to a power source and have all of the Siri stuff enabled, you can just yell out "Hey, Siri!" and ask her to read you new incoming messages and also dictate messages outbound that way.

That's because you haven't gotten the text message of death yet. None are perfect.

There are things I like about both platforms. Android can be tweaked to do EXACTLY what I want. But, it's a pain in the a$$ to have to spend that much time customizing a phone and then losing EVERYTHING when I change to a new one. The iPhone has a lot of things you just can't make the work that you feel they should, but it's reasonably stable and iTunes is actually a quality backup program (as is the iCloud if you have enough space). Plus, it syncs up with my Mac and I can share my full suite of text messages across all iOS and Mac devices.

• Like 1

I've gotten the text of death. It sucks having to either suffer through the phone reading this code or turn the truck off, and open the door at the next stop haha

to each their own right. I love android phones but have a mac. as long as you know what you're doing, you can make anything fit exactly what you need it to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2015 Sierra w/ Intellilink and an iPhone 6. I'm able to pare, make and receive calls, and receive text messages. However the Intellilink says "Error" when I try and reply to a message. Is this the iPhone or the Intellilink?

I have a 2015 Sierra w/ Intellilink and an iPhone 6. I'm able to pare, make and receive calls, and receive text messages. However the Intellilink says "Error" when I try and reply to a message. Is this the iPhone or the Intellilink?

Due to programming on the iPhone you cannot reply to txts from the truck's display. You can however hold down the voice command button on the steering wheel until SIRI comes on and ask her to reply to the txt

• Like 1