Steering wheel cover with heated steering wheel?

I'm trying to extend the life of the leather steering wheel in my HC so I want to put a cover on it. Thing is, will it work with the factory heated steering wheel? I'm sure it will fit around it, I'm just worried I won't be able to feel the heat through it. At 21k miles the top half is starting to show signs of wear from where my hand usually sets. I try and grab different areas to reduce the wear but it's just gonna come naturally to set my hand at the 12 o'clock position

Crazy how different vehicles are made today. I have almost 300,000 miles on my 15 year old truck, and the steering wheel doesn't look worn out at all.

I would bet that you would maybe feel the heat, but not nearly as well as without it.

Crazy how different vehicles are made today. I have almost 300,000 miles on my 15 year old truck, and the steering wheel doesn't look worn out at all.

I would bet that you would maybe feel the heat, but not nearly as well as without it.

Yeah I know right? I have 367k on my 02 and it shows sign of wear, but not what this steering wheel would look like at 367k miles lol

Dont they make steering wheel sleeves? Theyre like a thin neoprene like material

Maybe im makin this up .. but yeah i want to get a cover as well. I wore done the top of my maxima steering wheel and i wanna prolong this nice one on my truck

http://wheelskins.com/

I have not used one of these with a heated steering wheel but I would bet that it works great. I put these on my last two vehicles. They look like it is part of the steering wheel when done right. It is a slow process installing it. I go around and put it on just snug and go back around and tighten it up.. Using a pick to pull it tight. They are very nice and worth the price. I plan to get one for mine but I have not gotten to it yet.

you know, one option if a person was worried would be to buy some tennis racquet tape. It is thin, can be had in many colors and you could wrap it easily around the wheel and you would still feel the heat thru it.

I'm trying to extend the life of the leather steering wheel in my HC so I want to put a cover on it. Thing is, will it work with the factory heated steering wheel? I'm sure it will fit around it, I'm just worried I won't be able to feel the heat through it. At 21k miles the top half is starting to show signs of wear from where my hand usually sets. I try and grab different areas to reduce the wear but it's just gonna come naturally to set my hand at the 12 o'clock position

I have a cover, but I can barely feel the heat in the winter. I just end up taking it off during winter.

Archived