2015 Silverado LT Vibration/Shaking

If you didn't have vibes before but did after the tire rotation then it sounds like a tire out of balance. One of the rear tires was probably the one out of balance and when they moved it to the front you noticed it. I would rotate them back to the way they were and see if it changes anything.

Truck is still up on the rack.. surely it doesn't take two full days to complete a tire balance. Looks like I may have one of 'those' trucks. Hopefully they're just giving it a good once over.

I have '14 5.3 crew 4x4 that has a severe driveline vibration that comes & goes as even torque is applied with the gas peddle or criuse control at varied speeds . It feels like you are driving on rumble strips even on smooth roads . I have had to my dealer who did a great job documenting it and changing fluids in trany & ttranfer case but it continues so when I return in the spring it will go back and I'm not very encouraged after reading the forum .Thanks to all who post on this & hope we get some satisfaction :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't think there's a fix for this problem as yet,just came back from the dealer.My service manager said they're still waiting on GM to come up with a solution.2015 Silverado Z71

GM has a solution, they have had it for 3 years.

Go thru the 8 step NVH process first.

If you are retired and energetic, you will complete all the 8 steps in time to make the lemon law cutoff.

But be careful, GM will start swapping out parts which cuts into your time line to make the cutoff.

Unfortunately, for those that can't complete the "marathon" in the allotted time frame, we will offer a less than satisfying buy back for a chance to compete in the race again.

What is the 8 step process you are referring too? And did you get a buy back or do lemon law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be changing the tires 8 times then telling you its normal :banghead:

• Like 1

So the truck still vibrates/shakes after replacing the tire for the second time. Service Dept at purchasing dealer essentially told me that pico scope was normal and they cannot duplicate as they do not have interstate access. Essentially told me to take it to another dealer. Will I run into issues taking it to another dealer since a warranty claim has already been opened. My truck only has 9200 miles and in my opinion shouldn't be doing this. The other thing is I just don't want a bunch of parts thrown at it. From my research of following vibration threads any buyback or action taken is with purchasing dealer. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sk252

• 6 months later...

My 2014 Silverado Z71, 4.3L V6 has a vibration at 30MPH, 40MPH and 50MPH.. It comes and goes.. I have put the speed control on as soon as I feel it and the vibration will continue for a bit and then disappear. If I accelerate or decelerate 1-2MPH the vibration goes away.

The one thing I did notice is that the RPM's when I start to feel the vibration for all 3 speeds is consistently around 1200 rpm.

The truck was fine until I took it in for a service update 2 weeks ago.. Does this make sense to anyone??

Almost feel like it is some type of shift point problem..

Blizz

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Issue seems to have to been resolved and it took over a year and half to resolve. One day driving to work (up to this point GM and dealer gave up on me) my check engine light came on so I called the dealer and they picked up the truck. Turns out my torque converter clutch came apart. The more miles I put on the truck the worse the vibration so after a week and half at the dealership, two transmission re-builds and multiple parts replaced my vibration issue was gone.

I only had one question for the dealer to re-build my confidence in the brand and truck, why did this happen? Their response "We don't know"! I pulled one of the dealer employees over to the side and asked "Do I have to go across the street and change brands, trade my truck in" his response "You got to do what you got to do". I only have 27,000 miles on the truck and warranty expires at 36,000!

That's expectantly what I did, I traded the truck in for another brand and have not looked back. I will post more in a few days.

• 1 month later...

Reading through this thread is making me sick to my stomach.

I just purchased a 2016 Silverado 4x4 (4.3L) and with only 700 miles on it it is now shaking on the highway from 65-80 mph. I took it in the other day and they replaced the front right tire and said the downforce and psi something or other was wrong/bad. Well, a day without my truck and a new tire and now the thing shakes more than it did before!

I haven't even made my first payment on it yet!!