Onstar 4g upgrade - free wifi hotspot - Canada

i got this notification as well. do they add some equipment to the existing head unit or swap everything out?

i just dropped my truck off at the dealer and its getting done tomorrow morning.

when they call and tell me its done ill talk to the service guy and find out what was actually done but i saw the box onstar shipped and it was about 4 inches tall, then about the size of a 8.5x11 page. so i doubt the deck is being swapped out, i think its just the onstar module, antenna and wifi module then a whole lot of software.

the process is suppose to take 4-5 hrs but im also having oil done because im going on a road trip next week.

Ya I called OnStar today and they got my parts ordered up. The guy said they just replace something in the rear view mirror area. But the free WiFi add on is cool.

its not in the mirror, but the blue onstar button on the mirror is how you link it.

i think they had to remove part of the dash to swap the module.

havent actually tried the wifi yet. but i see the setting and password is there.

I really don't want the dealer to mess with my Sierra now. It's running great. I drove for over 30 years without OnStar. If it means 4-5 hours of rip and tear, forget it.

Archived